Criminati

Teal Tribe > This, Opinion

Question

I just feel Teal Tribe was much more simple, straight forward and im just not into change when it was perfection already :( super uncozy and sad right now. Just wanted to slide that into the air

• Upvote 3

13 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, PROFIT said:

I totally agree with this. Im giving this new thing a shot, but I guess this is not for me. Im positive its not just the five of us here that feel the same way.

Sections may be combined, but we're letting it "play out" before we merge anything. Once we see some sections that are obviously unnecessary they'll be merged.

Edit: On the main forum homepage, I've enabled a 'latest posts' module that shows the 5 latest posts for all categories. I'll work on alternative viewing options (aka: no categories) for members that would like that in the next few days.

Edited by Kirk
  • Upvote 4

yes, i feel the same. here everything goes quick into being forgotten and forsaken. new topics arise all the time, get a few replies and then they get lost in this sectioned board. too much effort required for keeping up, so it's forever going to be just surface level conversations. I mean, whatever happens on the board during the active time of my time zone today, is going to be pushed back by what happens in the active time of the other time zones until tomorrow. 

there is no sense of connection and continuity like on the old tribe, where we were always all in the same topics from the front page.

maybe we old tribers should have a section of our own. the same way there are those america europe blah blah sections, we should have our old tribe section.

• Upvote 2

@PROFIT , you made it after all. yey! until we get to build our own space, we can chill on @Criminati 's couch here.

Edited by mufhry
  • Upvote 2

i'm gonna be conservative like that and only give hearts to my old tribers. more like hugging someone from my village if i meet them on foreign land.

• Upvote 2

We understand, guys. Change is not always easy to make. My hope is that you'll get used to the way the forum is and fall in love with it. And we are always open for suggestions to make things better for you! :) 

• Upvote 1

Are there any specific changes that would make the new site easier to navigate? It seems pretty straightforward to me, but I'm open to suggestions. :)

• Upvote 2

probably you are used with the classic boards. where everything is sectioned like here. to be honest, tt was the only forum i've ever been active on, because it was easy to navigate and keep up with it. stuff wasn't split in sections like here, topics would come on top of the front page as someone would post in them.

so from the front page, one would see which topics are active, who participates where, which are the new topics (they were marked as such) and how much activity the topics they were tracking have been had since their last log in (also marked with a new posts count). pretty much almost everyone was participating in the same topics at any given moment and was easy to keep up with the entire activity and that made tt special.

even if there were categories, they were more like a detail to give context to the topic, not a dividing tool. there was no real need for browsing and searching, it was all clear all the time. in this format, i'd have to browse through sections, subsections and topics and see if any interests me and there might be other users interested in other stuff and we might never interact. also there are loads of topics that don't get visibility, because how many will check all sections and subsections all the time?

i feel this is more like a step back than forward, if building a real community is the purpose of the forum.

i don't know if you can do anything about it, but you've asked and i've answered.

• Upvote 1

I prefer the way it is now. :) Maybe just give it some time to get used to. I find this page easier to navigate through, and it seems more active. I love that there's categories, part of why its easier to navigate. On Teal Tribe you'd have to "bump" your threads often, or your thread would get totally lost. Not sure what to improve about this forum to be honest, I also feel its pretty straight forward :P Maybe just adding more categories would help navigate, I can come up with category ideas if wanted :) 

• Upvote 1

good to see everyone ill never forgot the feeling of the old teal tribe, hate to say it but ill be inactive, damn :(

nice knowing the feeling everyone gave for me, all your contributions for making old teal tribe a cozy place for me to come into and express my ideas and share my knowledge while learning from everyone else. have a cozy life 

@Criminati , visit us in whateverworld sometimes, the spirit of the old tribe still lives there. colony of pioneers.

@PROFIT , you are welcome to join too. i am sure you'd like it there. we just need your gmail to send you the map to the treasure cave.