Sign in to follow this  
Rahul Johar

Losing faith in humanity

2 posts in this topic

Losing faith in humanity

Every now and then I'll hear or see something that makes me feel like there's no hope for us, too many of us are far too conditioned, blind, ignorant etc. and there will never be enough conscious people. I just saw a youtube video that was uploaded recently about people trying prison food which I thought was great because it was raising awareness about how barbarically we treat prisoners, by giving them what can only be described as dog food and yet the comment section (unsurprisingly) was absolute caner.

The vast majority of the comments went something like this, "Well, who cares? They're murders and rapists so why do they deserve any better?  And isn't punishment the whole point of jail? Well this is a form of punishment, if you don't want it than don't go to jail." 

*sigh*

Edited by Rahul Johar

because they are strangers but if it was someone they loved and then you would understand why they did it. shitty childhood, not the same opportunities as other people, growing up in a horrible neighborhood, people don't see this part of people, how they were once kids, nobody becomes that way because its fun, a lot of pain and trauma, nobody is born a monster.

• Upvote 2