Andrew_044

Feeling confused

6 posts in this topic

Feeling confused

Hello!

In 2 years I'll have to go to college,and my problem is that I've got no real motivation to study hard.I am a pretty good student, but because of my lack of motivation/direction/purpose I have mediocre grades.

So.. Logically I tried to find a reason for pushing forward.And as you may already see,I haven't found any.Yeah if I don't study hard I won't have a good job,no money blah blah blah.But this negative reasons do not motivate me.

And also..I watched videos and read articles about purpose,passion..And I'm confused..Some say that you have passion only when you become good at something, whatever that may be,and others say that there is a certain thing meant for you to do.

There are things that I like,but I'm not passionate about.Should I further learn and specialize in them?Or should I look for something else?

I tried to motivate myself through thinking that I will help others,that I will be an example for others,many things in my life will improve etc..But nothing wakes me up.I don't really feel alive.

It is needed to say that I suffered from depression and anxiety,but trough meditation and affirmations I managed to break out of depression.I guess I'm not depressed anymore,I don't feel like that.The thing is that I'm not excited about life..

In conclusion..I don't have anything to motivate me and I don't know what should I do with my life..What am I supposed to do in this situation?

• Upvote 2

Hi Andrew_044,

A lot of people get into deep debt going to college. That is a factor that should be considered because without that debt, you are in a better position to just try a lot of things and see what feels good to you.

I'm thinking these videos might help if you haven’t seen them yet. I wish you the best. - Aaron

How to Discover What You Want - Teal Swan
https://youtu.be/udOLJyDnE7k

What is My Purpose? - Teal Swan
https://youtu.be/K2ppSA41F5A

How to Cure Apathy - Teal Swan -
https://youtu.be/wu9MPRzpEbQ

• Upvote 2

On 3/29/2017 at 7:20 AM, Andrew_044 said:

There are things that I like,but I'm not passionate about.Should I further learn and specialize in them?Or should I look for something else?

In conclusion..I don't have anything to motivate me and I don't know what should I do with my life..What am I supposed to do in this situation?

Yes, definitely go in the direction of things that you do like. Because there's always a great chance you discover something else there that you didn't know about! which can lead to a passion !

• Upvote 1

Honestly, don't worry about it for now. I rushed off to college too soon. Not saying I have any regrets about the decision, but the debt is really stupid...

We have so much pressure in our society to do, to be, do buy, create, produce, etc. Why? It's really a bunch of madness.

Honestly, I would just start to pay attention to your life as it unfolds... As you find interests, it will also begin to unfold. If you find a passion for something, You will find yourself wanting to do that thing. And hey, if not, it's probably because of the pressure you are putting on yourself to follow this same path as many other people (to produce, to become, to march on so to speak.)

Just to share a bit about where I'm coming from... I grew up very interested in art. Drawing, painting, etc. I'm a very creative person just kind of naturally. So I grew up doing art, did art through high school, and kind of always figured that's what I would do when I grew up. But source had other plans for me! LOL

My parents got divorced and I was dealing with a severely unhealthy home dynamic at 18. Naturally, I decided to go to college out of state, as a way to get away from it all. Which was great except I ended up failing many of my classes that year and also got in trouble with the law. LOL. :) At the time I was studying film.

Living back at home, this time I tried community college, and I failed even more miserably than before! All the running was beginning to catch up to me, until finally I had a seizure at work. That served as a turning point for me. I found that I had to stop partying and taking drugs, including medication I was taking at the time for ADD.

I stopped going to college and instead focused on finding the cause of my health issues. I began to see results, and I was hooked! I studied nutrition and the human body every day for hours, and learned as much as I could about healing the human body, using my own body as an experiment. I found that I was not only feeling better than I ever thought possible, I was also reversing acne, menstrual cramps, and other things that I thought were going to be there for life. :o I am fairly confident I have what it takes to help others dealing with similar issues, as well.

Meanwhile, spirituality became a central role in my life as I began to also address the emotional causes of my health problems, and address my past.

I was still feeling unfulfilled in my job though, which leads us to the next step...

I had heard about WWOOFing and intentional communities and was always intrigued by the idea, though I had also been scared to take the plunge due to bullying that had happened to me before... Finally I took the step that way, lately, and it has been the best decision I have made yet. I visited for two days and it felt like I was coming home <3

I'm not sure how long I'm going to do this work exchange type thing, learning how to farm/live off grid, but it's definitely something I've been subconsciously gearing up towards for a very long time... I didn't even realize it until being there!

Now I've even been having thoughts of teaching myself how to build my own house that's completely off the grid, just cause I think that would be SUPER empowering to be able to do that :) But either way, I'm going to be learning how to farm and grow my own food, take care of animals, and such...

I'm at a point where I want to keep obsessing over the future and what I'm going to do after this, but I'm just going to reel myself in as much as I can and just go for it anyways, not knowing what I'm going to do. ^-^

Anyways, to bring it back in, there are definitely other options besides college. I think a work exchange program would be a great alternative that's free if you're not quite sure right away, but want to get out of your house. I honestly wish I had taken the plunge lots sooner, its already so much better than I ever dreamed...  <3

Hope this helps! And remember, the thing about patience is you always have to wait for longer than you think you'll have to! haha :P

• Upvote 3