MC2

Service to Self vs Service to Others

14 posts in this topic

I read an incredible article recently called "Hidden Hand Interview" that I have a question about.

The basic idea of the article, is that the Luciferian agenda (to which the writer, Hidden Hand, claims to be part of) is to cause as much negativity as possible, in a Service to Self capacity so that we would have a choice of "other than" in order to ultimately aid us in our spiritual journey back to the creator (or Source) by way of our conscious free will choice to live a humble life in Service to Others.

My question is...if their "negative" Service to Self mission is ultimately for the purpose of helping others attain spiritual growth, is that not also considered a form of Service to Others?  On the flip side, if a humble life in Service to Others is ultimately going to raise our own spiritual vibration and help guide us in a direction toward the creator, would that not also render it as a form of Service to Self?  The way the writer described it, it appeared as though we must choose one or the other.

Unless I am completely misinterpreting what those choices actually are, it appears as though either choice has the potential to: take on the form of the other, masquerade as such, or possibly both are ultimately just two sides of the same coin.

Edited by MC2
To further clarify my question, and delete the link to the article (since I don't know what Phishing is, and I don't want to add a link to the site I found the article, in case that's what that means)
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, walt said:

The question is... why are you reading stupid shit? You want to make sense of nonsense so you come on a spiritual board and ask an asinine question? How does this serve anyone?

I was actually asking an honest question, hoping to receive an honest answer.  While I obviously did receive one, it didn't really lead me any closer to an answer.  Such words as "Stupid", "Nonsense", and "Asinine" are all both subjective as well as judgemental...and it is the latter never "served anyone"...not the initial question itself.  However, to answer your questions as honestly and as respectfully as I can, I do not personally feel it is "stupid shit" to seek answers wherever we may find them.  Had you read the article, I highly doubt you would've judged me in such a way, as the information contained therein, as well as my asking questions regarding it are both quite appropriate for this particular spiritual board setting.  As for how it "serves anyone", if you noticed, my initial question was regarding how we are to serve in the first place.  If serving the self and serving others can both be used towards the purposes of the other.  Turns out, after further investigation, there is a law besides the Law of Attraction called the Law of One, which basically states that as we are all an essence of the same source, it doesn't matter which path you take...as all paths ultimately lead to the same source that unifies us all.  So, to sum this all up...I finally did find an answer to my question.  I only hope through my response that you too have gained some insight into the benefits of treating others with respect, as in doing so, you are in essence treating yourself with respect.

• Upvote 2

How about:

service to self+ service to others= service to all?

Maybe your sources are kinda shady, MC2, but I think you are asking the right questions. I ask myself similar ones.

“It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question and he'll look for his own answers.” Patrick Rothfuss.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, MC2 said:

I was actually asking an honest question, hoping to receive an honest answer.  While I obviously did receive one, it didn't really lead me any closer to an answer.  Such words as "Stupid", "Nonsense", and "Asinine" are all both subjective as well as judgemental...and it is the latter never "served anyone"...not the initial question itself.  However, to answer your questions as honestly and as respectfully as I can, I do not personally feel it is "stupid shit" to seek answers wherever we may find them.  Had you read the article, I highly doubt you would've judged me in such a way, as the information contained therein, as well as my asking questions regarding it are both quite appropriate for this particular spiritual board setting.  As for how it "serves anyone", if you noticed, my initial question was regarding how we are to serve in the first place.  If serving the self and serving others can both be used towards the purposes of the other.  Turns out, after further investigation, there is a law besides the Law of Attraction called the Law of One, which basically states that as we are all an essence of the same source, it doesn't matter which path you take...as all paths ultimately lead to the same source that unifies us all.  So, to sum this all up...I finally did find an answer to my question.  I only hope through my response that you too have gained some insight into the benefits of treating others with respect, as in doing so, you are in essence treating yourself with respect.

Stupid questions dont exisit only stupid answers do.

• Upvote 3

On 28-3-2017 at 11:41 AM, MC2 said:

Unless I am completely misinterpreting what those choices actually are, it appears as though either choice has the potential to: take on the form of the other, masquerade as such, or possibly both are ultimately just two sides of the same coin.

To answer your question If you service to self you will raise your vibrational level. By doing that you automaticly raise the lvl of them around you.

If you are ganna sevice only others you can only guide them to the vibrational lvl youre at at that moment in time.

So lets asume you guide every one on this planet to a higher vibrational lvl. What wil happen to your lvl?

Your lvl will automaticly go up too, because you will see millions up on millions of traumatic experiences of others. And some of them will resonate with issues you have yourself. It makes it very easy to clean that up by that time. In my opinion is the second option a long way to go. 

So I guess if one first takes care of himself and after that guides 2 persons to a higher level. That should do it cause if they do the same you have a snowball effect.

It spreads pretty quick that way

• Upvote 2

Hi MC2,

I'm think you raised a great question, and you had a great follow up to it after being criticized unkindly for asking it. Questions around the topic of service to oneself and/or being of service to others is a topic I find interesting. I think the more one is in touch with their unity with all there is, the more they will appear self-less and giving to others. But in truth, they are still giving to himself or herself, they simply have more opportunities and ways to do so. For example, I write this and other posts with a sincere desire that it helps others. And I sincerely wish them the best. And in so doing, I feel better myself.

From the perspective of some level of reality, I think life is a creative game that source plays where people who seem to have bad intent are actually being of service in helping us to experience contrast. From the perspective of some other level of reality, people who have bad intent are not healthy and causing great harm to others. The perspective really makes the difference. Personally, I can not harm anyone without feeling that I've harmed myself. And yet, I will also enjoy a movie or video game that has some violence in it, but generally less so as I feel more connected with everyone in "real life". I realize it is just a movie, or a video game, but the fact that anyone suffers real violence makes seeing even pretend violence less pleasurable to me.

I hope this helps. And I wish you the best. - Aaron

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, walt said:

You agree that causing as much negativity as possible is a good thing?

Please excuse me for not drinking the cool-aid you find so delicious.

You appear to be confusing sincerity with enabling.

Hi Walt,

I appreciate your response to my response. To clarify, I do not agree that causing as much negativity as possible is a good thing.

I just believe that from some higher levels of perspective, we live in multidimensional reality that transcends our human notions of what is "negative", and what is a "good thing". Even from our levels of perspective, people sincerely and frequently disagree about what's positive or negative, and what's good and bad.

This is not to suggest that if you see something "bad" in the world, that you should not try to make it better. However, I do think that we live in a mirror universe in which everything you see is a reflection of something inside of you. Therefore, there is no better place to start the change you desire than in yourself. But ultimately, whatever happens is what is supposed to happen. If reality is ultimately an expression of source consciousness, how could it be otherwise?

To quote Teal Swan, "By opening your heart to the idea that everything that is happening, is supposed to be happening, you are choosing to let go of the idea that what is should be different. As a result, you are suddenly capable of seeing why it is supposed to be happening. As a result, suddenly you will begin to receive the gifts inherent in the experience."

I hope this helps. I wish you the best. - Aaron

https://tealswan.com/teals-blog/supposed-to-be-quote

Edited by Aaron
Minor corrections. Changed "try make" to "try to make". Changed "will being to" to "will begin to"
  • Upvote 1

I have started reading the article "Hidden hand interview" and i found it convincing. I am yet to ponder on the basic theme of the article i.e. increasing negativity purposely to take people closer to positivity/spirituality. At the very first thought, it sounds confusing and not straight. This is a punishing way of teaching people and not a good way. There is a good way to teach good people and why to drag them into the mess? If snake bite is considered as medicine for occasional/rare sicknesses, then that does not mean you release snakes everywhere and create panic.

• Upvote 1

On 4/1/2017 at 9:43 PM, Aquarian said:

I have started reading the article "Hidden hand interview" and i found it convincing. I am yet to ponder on the basic theme of the article i.e. increasing negativity purposely to take people closer to positivity/spirituality. At the very first thought, it sounds confusing and not straight. This is a punishing way of teaching people and not a good way. There is a good way to teach good people and why to drag them into the mess? If snake bite is considered as medicine for occasional/rare sicknesses, then that does not mean you release snakes everywhere and create panic.

Thank You so much Aquarian for actually looking into it.  I agree that it's a hell of a rough way to learn, but it was all I had at that time.  I didn't realize there were such beautiful people such as yourself out there until long after I had already read that article many, many times...which was long before I found Teal.  From the place I was coming from at the time, it appeared to be my only source of hope.  While that may sound disturbing, well, it didn't seem so at the time.  Out of that experience, I learned that there is hope...and out of that hope, I found Teal...and out of finding Teal, I found you.  I rejoice for such things!  I doubt you do, but all I ask is that you please don't look down upon me for the path that brought me here...for even pretty mushrooms need a sh*tty place to grow from.  Thank You again for looking into it!

all my love,

J

Edited by MC2

I rejoice such things too. And i thank you that you brought it up to us. Though that artcicle was shady, it gives us important information about dimensions and stuff. I take the good part out of it and thank you once again. I have finished reading it and spiritual stuff included is useful too. I love you same and dont look down upon you. We are just victims of manipulations of belief systems at many levels but good news is that we are going back home to our originality. 

Most importantly, i would read whatever info you bring it to our notice. Love you!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Aquarian said:

I rejoice such things too. And i thank you that you brought it up to us. Though that artcicle was shady, it gives us important information about dimensions and stuff. I take the good part out of it and thank you once again. I have finished reading it and spiritual stuff included is useful too. I love you same and dont look down upon you. We are just victims of manipulations of belief systems at many levels but good news is that we are going back home to our originality. 

Most importantly, i would read whatever info you bring it to our notice. Love you!

I'm so glad you feel that way!!  I completely agree with you that it comes from a shady source, but sometimes it's more difficult to pinpoint the precise direction of light without shadows.  As for myself, I come from a very dark place...a place where shadows are the brightest place in the room.  Forgive me if I ever sound ignorant...but my own eyes are still adjusting to what most people consider darkness.  That darkness was all I knew...a sort of f*cked up comfort zone.  That article was all I had to hold onto in that darkness...so it held an important place for a while.  At this point, I know the darkness is still behind me...so if taking a step into the light and begin to burn, I can always turn around.  However, in meeting people such as yourself and others, I have absolute faith that by stepping into the light, the absolute worst that can happen is I get a tan.

All my love,

J

3 hours ago, MC2 said:

As for myself, I come from a very dark place...a place where shadows are the brightest place in the room

Can i ask you what was that place? So that, we can stay clear of such places. Can you please guide us with your experiences and in a way get it off your chest? Take us along with you if you wish to.

7 hours ago, MC2 said:

I'm so glad you feel that way!!  I completely agree with you that it comes from a shady source, but sometimes it's more difficult to pinpoint the precise direction of light without shadows.  As for myself, I come from a very dark place...a place where shadows are the brightest place in the room.  Forgive me if I ever sound ignorant...but my own eyes are still adjusting to what most people consider darkness.  That darkness was all I knew...a sort of f*cked up comfort zone.  That article was all I had to hold onto in that darkness...so it held an important place for a while.  At this point, I know the darkness is still behind me...so if taking a step into the light and begin to burn, I can always turn around.  However, in meeting people such as yourself and others, I have absolute faith that by stepping into the light, the absolute worst that can happen is I get a tan.

All my love,

J

The end is so optimistic ! love it :)

• Upvote 1

On Tuesday, March 28, 2017 at 2:41 AM, MC2 said:

I read an incredible article recently called "Hidden Hand Interview" that I have a question about.

The basic idea of the article, is that the Luciferian agenda (to which the writer, Hidden Hand, claims to be part of) is to cause as much negativity as possible, in a Service to Self capacity so that we would have a choice of "other than" in order to ultimately aid us in our spiritual journey back to the creator (or Source) by way of our conscious free will choice to live a humble life in Service to Others.

My question is...if their "negative" Service to Self mission is ultimately for the purpose of helping others attain spiritual growth, is that not also considered a form of Service to Others?  On the flip side, if a humble life in Service to Others is ultimately going to raise our own spiritual vibration and help guide us in a direction toward the creator, would that not also render it as a form of Service to Self?  The way the writer described it, it appeared as though we must choose one or the other.

To me, the whole Service to self vs Service to other idea is...bullshit, basically. If serving others, serves to help you, and serving yourself serves to help others (as you have noted)...it's ALL service to self, it's just that there is nothing wrong with that. This whole Service to self vs service to other is more or less just a distraction. You have to make your cup overflow, before you have anything to give to begin with...otherwise, you are not giving, you are asking for something.

• Upvote 1