Jerry Tyfting

How fast or slow do we perceive ourselves?

8 posts in this topic

Yup in general I see myself as having a bit slower pace than the majority of beings. Lets say I where to cut an apple into nice slices and someone else would cut their own apple at the same starting time. They would most likely finish the cutting before me. The results would be similar, no bigger difference so what gives? Same with my natural walking speed, it feels slower than the majority of beings. Like yea I would get there but a little bit later than the rest. I can go faster but it feels too stressful for me, too uncomfortable.

In a stressful world this pacing feels a bit weird and sad in a way. That they have all finished and I'm left alone with doing the work that they have already done.
So what determines at what natural pace we do things? 
And of course feel free to share your perspective, I feel curious of those who do things faster than me. How they perceive others.

Edited by Jerry Tyfting
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Jerry Tyfting said:

Yup in general I see myself as having a bit slower pace than the majority of beings. Lets say I where to cut an apple into nice slices and someone else would cut their own apple at the same starting time. They would most likely finish the cutting before me. The results would be similar, no bigger difference so what gives? Same with my natural walking speed, it feels slower than the majority of beings. Like yea I would get there but a little bit later than the rest. I can go faster but it feels too stressful for me, too uncomfortable.

In a stressful world this pacing feels a bit weird and sad in a way. That they have all finished and I'm left alone with doing the work that they have already done.
So what determines at what natural pace we do things? 
And of course feel free to share your perspective, I feel curious of those who do things faster than me. How they perceive others.

Don't feel bad at all Man I probably walk slower than you do. When I walk I walk slow because I know I'll get where I'm going and that's just my pace.  As long as you can run fast when there's a dog behind you its ok ?.

You move at a pace that's comfortable for you in every scenario.  I've learned that before making any important decision I have to wait a whole moon cycle 28.5 days with some decisions it takes me multiple moon cycles.  I feel like I came from a place where my lifespan far exceeded that of humans.  Believe me if I make the decision before those days are up it almost always goes terribly wrong and I'm set back far enough to make an ordinary person commit suicide.  Imagine just learning that when your 21 and think about the years I've spent fucking shit up moving just slightly too fast in this fast paced world lol. 

I don't feel like I belong here AT ALL.

You move at the pace that allows you to do something to your level of perfection.  If others move faster they may not even be moving at the right pace.  What I'd do if I was you and you want to speed up certain things is take it slow speeding it up a little at a time.  Doing one small part a little faster each time till the timing of the whole improves.

Its a slow process but it works and your precision will improve as a bonus.

everyones perspective is different, but here is mine, as you asked for that too :)

i used to do things very fast and go everywhere very fast. i was one of those who, whatever they touch, they succeed in it, learning very fast, creating very fast... then something shifted, i guess it was when i had one of the crisis points in this life (i remembered things from childhood and that lead to a "nervous breakdown" how they call it), when my willingness AND capacity to live life in the same pace as before were gone. sometimes it is frustrating, everything seems so slow, i get nowhere physically, i even dont have a car anymore, but on the other side, in these last 4 years ive done more shadow-work than many do in a lifetime, exploring myself with a speed as i would have explored the world outside before... before, the speed was something, hm how could i describe it... i feel now that it was a drivenness, that was present because of the pressure i was in, it was a fastness not out of joy or intuition, but out of a need to survive in this hamster-wheel i felt society would impose on me. and out of habit, thats just how i did things.

now i cut my apples mindfully, too :D now i let myself have the time to await the impulse to do something out of intuition and joy... and when i do it, be consciously in it. and besides, in my experience i found out that for shadow-work, which i committed to atm, the focus must be on one-self, and so everything else loses importance and gets slower. even my body got slower in its movements, my hands too.

one other thing for this topic, that i kind of intuited in meditation, is: the human society at this point in time has a tremendously fast pace. there are people who incarnated then, to take that pace down by being themselves like beacons of slowness and PRESENCE... i dont know if the concept of what i felt in that meditation is described fully... its like the whole system needs a break...

Edited by Lilia
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Lilia said:

everyones perspective is different, but here is mine, as you asked for that too :)

i used to do things very fast and go everywhere very fast. i was one of those who, whatever they touch, they succeed in it, learning very fast, creating very fast... then something shifted, i guess it was when i had one of the crisis points in this life (i remembered things from childhood and that lead to a "nervous breakdown" how they call it), when my willingness AND capacity to live life in the same pace as before were gone. sometimes it is frustrating, everything seems so slow, i get nowhere physically, i even dont have a car anymore, but on the other side, in these last 4 years ive done more shadow-work than many do in a lifetime, exploring myself with a speed as i would have explored the world outside before... before, the speed was something, hm how could i describe it... i feel now that it was a drivenness, that was present because of the pressure i was in, it was a fastness not out of joy or intuition, but out of a need to survive in this hamster-wheel i felt society would impose on me. and out of habit, thats just how i did things.

now i cut my apples mindfully, too :D now i let myself have the time to await the impulse to do something out of intuition and joy... and when i do it, be consciously in it. and besides, in my experience i found out that for shadow-work, which i committed to atm, the focus must be on one-self, and so everything else loses importance and gets slower. even my body got slower in its movements, my hands too.

one other thing for this topic, that i kind of intuited in meditation, is: the human society at this point in time has a tremendously fast pace. there are people who incarnated then, to take that pace down by being themselves like beacons of slowness and PRESENCE... i dont know if the concept of what i felt in that meditation is described fully... its like the whole system needs a break...

That makes alot of sense I know what you mean although with me the speed would vary depending on what it was.

When I was a kid I would refuse to do some things fast because I wondered how I would learn if I did them slow and some things you can only learn by going slow and some things you can only learn by going fast so you slowed down because you learned enough from the fast paced time.  You might even start doing things fast again but not all things just certain things

3 hours ago, Lilia said:

Thank you. It felt validating for me. I agree with you too. To me most people and systems in general have so fast pacing that my mind sometimes goes blank because It feels unable to process that much info, that fast.
Put me in stressful situations and I most likely would just stand there needing to rest because I would still process everything while the rest have moved on. This so few have respect or consideration for.
The good thing that comes out of this is that I feel drawn to wait for those who goes slow themselves in certain situations, It simply feels good to know that someone is there with you when the rest just moves on.

4 hours ago, Lilia said:

in these last 4 years ive done more shadow-work than many do in a lifetime, exploring myself with a speed as i would have explored the world outside before... before, the speed was something, hm how could i describe it... i feel now that it was a drivenness, that was present because of the pressure i was in, it was a fastness not out of joy or intuition, but out of a need to survive in this hamster-wheel i felt society would impose on me. and out of habit, thats just how i did things

This resonated a lot with me. I feel similar in terms of a drivenness to survive by doing shadow work and integrations. This have slowed somewhat for me though. That initial urge to integrate things isn't as intense as it once was.

Oh felt like sharing that, even the way I speak and type has a "slowish" feeling to it.
At times when I type a response in a chat the others sometimes overclock with chatter before I have finished typing and my response have less importance, it gets lost in the sea of words :P . Well this happens sometimes depending on the general vibe in the chat of course.

That initial urge to integrate things isn't as intense as it once was.

one of my favourite stories, "Momo" (by Michael Ende), has a part where the heroine Momo is led to a place out of time and out of space where the One, who gives every being in the universe its time, lives (in essence she is going there to meet her heart and her time). she is led there by a tortoise called Cassiopeia. in order to reach that place of transcendence, the tortoise tells her, that the slower she goes, the faster that is reached, except for the last part of the way, that can only be walked backwards - what a wonderful analogy for the awakening- and shadow-work process... (and those who try to run that way end up standing still) i feel this story is so profoundly accurate as a metaphor. of course she doesnt stay there but returns to the world after being nourished by that wisdom she finds there.

sometimes its time for inner work, sometimes its time for bringing the found treasures to the outside. doesnt mean anyone has to adjust to those rushing everything :)

and... what i found out for me, maybe you can use that too, is that i dont have to perceive everything that is going on around me. i mean, sure stressful situations happen, but its kind of letting myself off the hook of being in control of everything that happens around me (regarding sensory overload), and being aware of the fact that noone expects me to see and hear it all, only i did that, so i decided to give myself a break. if its too much, i now take myself out of the situation to regenerate.

The good thing that comes out of this is that I feel drawn to wait for those who goes slow themselves in certain situations, It simply feels good to know that someone is there with you when the rest just moves on.

:) so you found out what you do want and want to share with the world concerning that issue! nice!

At times when I type a response in a chat the others sometimes overclock with chatter before I have finished typing and my response have less importance, it gets lost in the sea of words

thats what i so love about forums, we can take as much time for an answer when we feel like it, as we want :D  im sitting here typing this for almost half an hour :D

• Upvote 1