Rosalie

Lack of Motivation

14 posts in this topic

Lack of Motivation

Hey,

How should I deal with an extreme lack of motivation in my life? I have no inspiration and no willpower, no motivation to the point where I can't remember when the last time I actually wanted to do something was. I am very depressed, very anxious and scared all the time. But this motivation thing is really starting to scare me, it's like I'm not even alive anymore. I don't even bother setting goals anymore, I get tired and lose motivation so quickly now that I just know I am not going to manage to do anything I try to do. It feels like my ideal life at this point would just be to curl up on the floor in a dark room and stay there. I don't know what to do.

• Like 1

On 8-3-2017 at 10:19 AM, Rosalie said:

How should I deal with an extreme lack of motivation in my life? I have no inspiration and no willpower, no motivation to the point where I can't remember when the last time I actually wanted to do something was. I am very depressed, very anxious and scared all the time. But this motivation thing is really starting to scare me, it's like I'm not even alive anymore. I don't even bother setting goals anymore, I get tired and lose motivation so quickly now that I just know I am not going to manage to do anything I try to do. It feels like my ideal life at this point would just be to curl up on the floor in a dark room and stay there. I don't know what to do.

It reminds me of Teal's video's on boredom and productivity, have you seen them? I hate it when I am in a state like that and the day passes by like that but at the same time I remind myself that I am doing the best I can on any moment, which is true even if you are on the couch the whole day. Some of the things that are going on require a lot of processing time, you may not notice it but it puts you down a lot more than you think. I spend most of January and December on the couch, although I do liked to watch a lot of movies and series.

The things that I do: 1. write a lot about what is going on; 2. writing down what generally makes me happy, not the coping mechanisms but things that actually cheer me up like a hike and playing with a dog to seeing a friend. 3. I write down what I want to do for the next day, even if they are just little things like grocery shopping, it helps when you can cross stuff of your list for satisfaction. 4. chocolate ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Redbeard said:

It reminds me of Teal's video's on boredom and productivity, have you seen them? I hate it when I am in a state like that and the day passes by like that but at the same time I remind myself that I am doing the best I can on any moment, which is true even if you are on the couch the whole day. Some of the things that are going on require a lot of processing time, you may not notice it but it puts you down a lot more than you think. I spend most of January and December on the couch, although I do liked to watch a lot of movies and series.

Rosalie, please remember that every single person goes through a similar period . They may just never talk about it. I do also think that it may have to do something with boredom and loss of passion.  What i find helpful the most is reminding myself that my soul has chosen this body/life hopefully for a damn good reason.... it's probably sitting and thinking:"wow... what a Hell of ride..." 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Sometimes we just need to leave our homes and just take a walk...talk to a stranger, express ourselves out, make a connection, call relatives and friends, make a plan...in such random movements you may find an inspiration. If not, then at least you may find a secondary goal which will make you realize about your primary goal. Please go out and spoil yourself :D

• Upvote 2

After I dropped out, I wanted to make money through web development - that was an opportunity I saw, but my mindset was like: So be it, I just do this thing for the time being until 'I figure stuff out'. In any case the programming skills may come in handy later.

Naturally what happened was I dropped web development and devoted all my time 'to figure stuff out.' If I could rewind, I would be more balanced and take more action, move more - in whatever direction.

What have you done since December?

• Upvote 1

On 3/13/2017 at 8:49 AM, Blaze35 said:

After I dropped out, I wanted to make money through web development - that was an opportunity I saw, but my mindset was like: So be it, I just do this thing for the time being until 'I figure stuff out'. In any case the programming skills may come in handy later.

Naturally what happened was I dropped web development and devoted all my time 'to figure stuff out.' If I could rewind, I would be more balanced and take more action, move more - in whatever direction.

What have you done since December?

Hi! Sorry it took so long for me to find your comment! :)

I've mostly been "figuring stuff out" as well...And I've been travelling, which has been amazing. Besides that, I've been slowly working my way through the rest of my high school courses online and looking for a part time job. I still have no clue what I'm going to do after I graduate, but I'm definitely in a better place than I was a few months ago. How have you been?

Your DOB is 15-2-1999. So, LPN is 9 which calls for philanthropic work and strongly advised not to work for money. Do you follow astrology?

On 4/25/2017 at 9:49 AM, Julia Love said:

Hi.

Have you seen Teals video on apathy? It sounds kind of like your situation.

Yes, thank you. I have seen it. What she talks about in the video feels very different than my situation because I am not cut off from my emotions. I feel things very deeply, I just have no desire for forward movement. Or at least, not any kind of movement that makes sense to me. 

On 4/22/2017 at 3:09 AM, Aquarian said:

Your DOB is 15-2-1999. So, LPN is 9 which calls for philanthropic work and strongly advised not to work for money. Do you follow astrology?

Yes, I do follow it. I love astrology and numerology.

2 hours ago, Rosalie said:

I feel things very deeply, I just have no desire for forward movement

Have you seen movie Samadhi? Watch if you get it and tell me if yoi feel like that.

Reach within, identify some of the habitual tasks you frequent and set them aside. Allow your mind and body to experience something new and creative. We are constantly bombarded and overstimulated within our senses that we tend to forget about our creative side. Trust your instincts and be impulsive and let your feet carry you to a new place in your life.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1