SaraHatts

Could I Be the Cause of Daughter Getting Sick?

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

My 5 month old daughter has been sick with an on/off again fever for more than a week. I found out today that she has an ear infection, and needs to be treated with antibiotics. I am sick to my stomach that she will be on antibiotics. Is it possible that I've caused her to get sick/stay sick? How can I avoid this in the future?

I realize babies can create their own reality, but do I have a hand in creating her reality too?

Thank you!

• Upvote 1

Hi SaraHatts,

sorry hear about unwell your daughter,  when own daughter was young we have the same problems she got sensitive  throat also ears, first time we have  antibiotics, but when year later happens again we found local Chinese  homeopathic treatments and it helps.

best wishes

5 hours ago, SaraHatts said:

Hello,

My 5 month old daughter has been sick with an on/off again fever for more than a week. I found out today that she has an ear infection, and needs to be treated with antibiotics. I am sick to my stomach that she will be on antibiotics. Is it possible that I've caused her to get sick/stay sick? How can I avoid this in the future?

I realize babies can create their own reality, but do I have a hand in creating her reality too?

Thank you!

Of course , you do! you as a parent contribute to her health every day! 

Is she on formula or breastfeeding?

Hope she feels better soon. Try fresh aloe vera gel for her ears. Very safe and effective.

Hi @SaraHatts
According to the Present Child method you might indeed have a helping hand in that, because children act as mirrors to their parents. Or actually just one parent. In a way they will show you what part in you (or your husband) needs attention. This will show up in their behaviour but can gradually turn into dis-ease as well. For example children who cry a lot are literally crying for attention which is a reflection of one of the parents who is also crying for attention. In the case of this example the mother of the child hardly received any attention when she was a baby and still carries those wounds around and is now reflected on the baby. This also goes for any behaviour that a child shows like clinging to a parent or when a child is just interested in books and not really playing like a child it could mean that the parent is living too much in his head and needs to be more playful.
Naturally solving issues with the parent will help the child greatly and usually its problems will go away.
If you want to find out more about how you can help your child: write down its problems and then reverse it to your self. So when you say: "little David is only interested in books, he behaves like a 3year old professor and doesn't play like a child" you would turn it around into "I am only interested in books and I behave like a professor who is not interested in playing." Or in other words, she has neglected her inner child.This does require some associative 'translation' from your child to yourself (or your husband). The method is also called 'child translator'.
When it comes to illness it is good to throw in some symbolism of the illness. So in case of your child you can ask yourself (or your husband): "is there anything I don't want to hear?", also infection is related to anger and irritation so maybe that clears things up.

This is just from what I have read in the book about the Present Child method and I am not a practitioner (they exist) so if you want to go further down this path I recommend you get the book or visit a practitioner.
Also I personally don't think it is a good idea to focus on these issues that might be residing in yourself now for a few days, as these introspective practices usually are not solved and implemented within an hour. I understand your reluctance towards antibiotics but ear infections can do quite some damage so please get it treated in time.
Actually now that I think if it my sister has had a lot of ear infections when she was young (and still does sometimes), it one point her ear functioned so bad that she was wearing a hearing aid for some time. After a while her ear healed and she could do without the hearing aid so I suppose one of my parents removed 'what they didn't wanted to hear' from their lives or simply changed their thoughts about what they didn't want to hear so it was acceptable.

Lastly, please don't beat yourself up over guilt it is not like you wish your child would have an illness. We can only learn from it and I hope you actually look at your daughter with more amazement :) and of course they also have a life of their own so not everything will be a full mirror.
Best wishes

• Upvote 1