Ripley

Economic crisis

6 posts in this topic

Economic crisis

I can feel like a collapse of sorts is going to happen soon, Teal has mentioned as much. What do you guys see in this? I know I'm going to be a part of it somehow, but I'm uncertain with what excactly. I do like gardening and sustainable living interests me. I'm excited/a little nervous to find out. What are your opinions?

I feel like our default model is to live in a community and that would take care of a lot of stress people have in this current way of living. its like one part of me is like nothing is going to change this system will continue, and this higher self in me preparing me for when the shit does hit the fan because everyone hates it, that's why people want a leader, they aren't listening to themselves and maybe that's what they choose, but the human shadow is pretty dark and that will be a little scary.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, walt said:

Some of us will starve, some will cannibalize.

Or ADAPT :D

1 hour ago, Alex7 said:

I feel like our default model is to live in a community and that would take care of a lot of stress people have in this current way of living. its like one part of me is like nothing is going to change this system will continue, and this higher self in me preparing me for when the shit does hit the fan because everyone hates it, that's why people want a leader, they aren't listening to themselves and maybe that's what they choose, but the human shadow is pretty dark and that will be a little scary.

As a former manager in the past I have observed an interesting trait: people hate rules . Yet setting certain rules is the key to successful living /working together! For ex., driving a car would have been impossible if everyone had their own rules on the road (and sometimes it does feel like this :D )

Edited by Garnet
Added info
  • Upvote 2

So what is w/ everyone's obsession w/ the collapse of society!?  This is all fear based thinking.   If it happens it happens & there won't be a damn thing anyone can do it about.  Forget about enlightened communities developing,  It will be all about survival  and you can kiss you vegan diet good by because we'll be lucky to have 1 meal a day.   

Wouldn't it be better thinking of how our daily actions towards each other improve the world one small act at a time.  Think in terms the butterfly effect.   The universe is eternal and in our present form we need the illusion of time to make some sense of eternity.  Maybe this is why I don't freak out "the collapse" because more than likely or more like 99.999% it will not happen in any of our life time's.  Focus on the now and make this moment count. 

• Upvote 1

@Rain 369 I don't feel very apprehensive about a collapse. It just feels imminent, maybe I've misinterpreted something but I'm just wondering about other people's opinions :)

@Garnet I've noticed that I don't like rules myself but I need them. I think it's bc my mom decided what was best for me when I was young and didn't listen to me if I disagreed. I've come to find that she was right much of the time but I wish she had given me the opportunity to find things out for myself. 

2 hours ago, Ripley said:

@Garnet I've noticed that I don't like rules myself but I need them. I think it's bc my mom decided what was best for me when I was young and didn't listen to me if I disagreed. I've come to find that she was right much of the time but I wish she had given me the opportunity to find things out for myself. 

If you rebelled to your mother a lot then you were also right . That means that the way rules were presented didn't feel right to you.

Regardless of whether you accept rules or not, you still find out on your own if things work out for you or not. 

Edited by Garnet
Added info
  • Upvote 1