angelofdragons

8 y/o energy vampire

4 posts in this topic

8 y/o energy vampire

Hello!

My problem is the following: I noticed that my 8 y/o cousin became an energy vampire and sucks everyone down. The funny thing is that none of her family members are energy vampires, nor is she neglected. Upon meditation, I found out that it was because she indulges in youtube videos and she watches contents that are not even meant to her age group, e.g. horror gameplay. She is literally addicted to it and her parents have trouble with managing this situation. It also came out that because she connects to the videos so much, that she totally disconnects from the family during these times. Then, when she comes back, she sucks on everyone so badly, that we all can barely move.

On one hand, this is something for my aunt and uncle to learn, so I cannot take it away. Then there is also my older cousin, who is clearly someone I ought to teach- it is never a burden for me. Then there is the child, who deprives herself from love and causing harm to others- something that is painful to witness. 

They are not really spiritual, I have no idea how to aid this situation. As this problem is close to me, I am sure I can do something that is in alignment with the universe- can't risk doing anything else.

Any suggestions?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, angelofdragons said:

8 y/o energy vampire

Hello!

My problem is the following: I noticed that my 8 y/o cousin became an energy vampire and sucks everyone down. The funny thing is that none of her family members are energy vampires, nor is she neglected. Upon meditation, I found out that it was because she indulges in youtube videos and she watches contents that are not even meant to her age group, e.g. horror gameplay. She is literally addicted to it and her parents have trouble with managing this situation. It also came out that because she connects to the videos so much, that she totally disconnects from the family during these times. Then, when she comes back, she sucks on everyone so badly, that we all can barely move.

On one hand, this is something for my aunt and uncle to learn, so I cannot take it away. Then there is also my older cousin, who is clearly someone I ought to teach- it is never a burden for me. Then there is the child, who deprives herself from love and causing harm to others- something that is painful to witness. 

They are not really spiritual, I have no idea how to aid this situation. As this problem is close to me, I am sure I can do something that is in alignment with the universe- can't risk doing anything else.

Any suggestions?

I noticed my niece records herself on her phone and pretends like she is vlogging, which this is a new time for kids and I'm not sure how that will affect them in the long run, but kids are getting influenced by the internet, if you are raised watching the kardashians you will act like that, and even speak and have that accent. life is a learning experience and we aren't supposed to have it figured out at 8, so I'm sure she will change the older she gets, its just she's being influenced all the time because she is connected to the internet. the internet isn't bad, but theres a lot of dumb shit on it. I like to show my nieces all kinds of animals, something they've never seen and 'say don't be scared' lol I have 2 and one still has that happy child spirit and the other acts like an adult, like that is the goal. Free will lol I cant do much, we are all on our path learning, even kids.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, angelofdragons said:

8 y/o energy vampire

Hello!

Any suggestions?

The funny part of this is that if children aren't exploring things at home - they find a way to explore somewhere else. Schools for many. Friends. Many children carry phones today, so if your cousin isn't watching something at home, there's a great chance she watching /talking about it with someone else. At least at home you know what it is and as long as there's trust and sharing the content with a parent /adult  it is easier to communicate and explain things. When a child starts hiding the content - that's when the real problems occur. Including shame and guilt.

Whenever someone think about all the "damage"  internet offers, try to remember yourself and how you were educated about the world around. 

When a child is into something and loves it, it's very painful to take it away. It becomes a routine just like for adults going to work every day and get paid for it. Except children are paid with good feelings they experience  from doing what they are doing. Very-very addictive. Unless we can offer a viable option that slowly can be integrated with the current interests or environmental change that causes change in the routine itself.

8 hours ago, Alex7 said:

I noticed my niece records herself on her phone and pretends like she is vlogging, which this is a new time for kids and I'm not sure how that will affect them in the long run, but kids are getting influenced by the internet, if you are raised watching the kardashians you will act like that, and even speak and have that accent. life is a learning experience and we aren't supposed to have it figured out at 8, so I'm sure she will change the older she gets, its just she's being influenced all the time because she is connected to the internet. the internet isn't bad, but theres a lot of dumb shit on it. I like to show my nieces all kinds of animals, something they've never seen and 'say don't be scared' lol I have 2 and one still has that happy child spirit and the other acts like an adult, like that is the goal. Free will lol I cant do much, we are all on our path learning, even kids.

Don't know if Internet /technology has anything to do with vampirism or not, but it is definitely has something to do with our freedom - unlimited space to dive in with infinite possibilities. Children already have a lot of restrictions /limitations due to their age along. A lot of them live, eat and breathe  basically around school schedule.

I am sure many of you will recognize this common parental technic:

20170223_213423.jpg

• Upvote 1