marypole

Any idea regarding 6 month braces?

5 posts in this topic

Hey!! My upper front teeth are protruding and they are slightly noticeable. I'm very much conscious about my appearance. One of my friends advised me to get braces asap but I don't want to wear it for a long time. I researched and saw that the six month braces give a fast result. So I'm thinking of giving it a shot from a clinic in Houston. Has anyone got 6-month braces? I would like to know the details of this procedure. Thanks for your time!!

Edited by marypole

Hi, if your age is less than 25 then there is no problem for braces as the bones are flexible. But remember, with the braces teeth are moving inside the bone sockets. Its called mandibular bone or something. Moving teeth inside the bone socket is a slow process. If the movement required is small then i would say ok for such things. But still longer the better. 

Precautions: Get a CBCT scan before commencing. Bones should be healthy before you proceed. Check if any abscess or cyst is there. If it is not there it is safe to proceed. 

There could be injuries due to braces itself e.g. tooth resorption, bad bite, ligament injury, impacting adjacent tooth inside the bone, canal injury. Make sure you get everything checked before you go for it. Otherwise Vineers (non prep) is the good option. If you are skinny and waiting to plump up youself then pls wait for it. Bcos small protrusion wont matter much in future when you are chubby. See, braces are trauma and better be avoided and to be kept as last option. Doctors wont tell you many things bcos its a business for them. Please take care and study the subject. Pls see how much teeth will be moved in six month and at what rate and will the bite be disturbed? Will it create any open or closed bite? Check if there is no cyst. I am telling you because i have lost 4 teeth due to braces, doctors mistake, and no scan before applying braces. Besides all of these, i would like to see your smile. And do you want to see the metaphysical truth behind teeth problems?

• Upvote 1

Hi @< >, thank you! Genuine good words always makes you feel better. 

Now, this has become my habit to see the reasons behind any physical problems, so i asked. I am attaching an image here, please read. It could also act as preventive measures for @marypole if somethings mentioned in that image sounds true. In my case, it was true those days. 

Screenshot_20170218-215309.png

• Upvote 1

Wow, sorry, I know this thread wasn't for me, but recently I got like a crap ton of cavities (like six! I'm embarassed to admit it! xP) and this was intresting because this literally describes me to a T, holding onto trauma because it's safe and familiar, not wanting to move forward because of fear of failure.... So to marypole, I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone on this.

I guess I need to do more inner work than I thought... Actually, I think it's time that I start moving outwards despite not being 'healed' enough...