angelofdragons

How to get to know who you are?

8 posts in this topic

How to get to know who you are?

So, hello people. I would like to find out who I am. Kinda.

So, the story goes as such: I went to a seeer/spiritual healer person in my area after a longer period of time. He said that I should find out who I am to aid my expansion even more. I know he is right with that. It has even turned out that I have been watching videos that would aid me with that, like you need to experience what you are not to see what you are. I have even found my core negative imprint (misinterpretation) and my life goal (appreciation, yaaay).

The catch is, that even after a -----load of work that I have done in the past few years, I have literally no clue about who I am or whatsoever. Apart from my job, which is, funny enough, translating. But I am kinda not my job. Well, he did say it wouldn't easy in my case, as I seem to have taken up quiet the challenge- and others have referred to this as well. 

I am thankful for any help :)

LY

• Upvote 1

Any trait you find attractive in someone else is a suppressed part of you, so I guess you could list all the people who are attractive to you on a personality level and that has been suppressed in you and you weren't allowed to be that person. All the people you have met in your life, who were the attractive ones? Try to express those aspect in yourself when you find out those attractive characteristics in others, that is you, the real you. We get to experience our true self as a kid, that's is our higher self in disguise, then we grow up and lose it, but to find it is just to express those suppressed aspects in yourself that you find attractive in other people, that's how you figure out who you really are, you aren't pretending to be that way, that's the real you, this adult us we pretend to be is the fake one lol. and that attraction is coming straight from your higher self, so only you can detect that, someone outside of you can't tell you who you are. it can even be fictional characters, just what do you find attractive is the easiest way to remember who you are, it will feel good.

• Upvote 6

Thank you Alex! It feels just right, because it was just a couple weeks ago, when I noticed that I usually identify with similar characters in fiction. Now I feel excited about writing this list you mentioned! :) 

• Upvote 4

Thank You Angelofdragons for that question!!  I was wondering the same thing.  And Thank You so much Alex7!!  That helped me out too!!!  I wonder if that's what Jesus meant when he said "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."

• Upvote 1

Hi angelofdragons,

On 2/16/2017 at 0:25 PM, angelofdragons said:

How to get to know who you are? ... I would like to find out who I am. Kinda....

On 2/16/2017 at 4:56 PM, Alex7 said:

Any trait you find attractive in someone else is a suppressed part of you...

On 3/31/2017 at 4:44 PM, MC2 said:

...I wonder if that's what Jesus meant when he said "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."

Hi angelofdragons, Alex7, and MC2,

I'm going to present some very contrary ideas, but please know that I'm doing so only to provide alternative thoughts on the matter that may be of benefit to you and others who read this. I love you all and wish you nothing but the best.

angelofdragons, While I believe there are no bad questions, I do believe that questions can be "leading questions" that can predispose us to answers in ways that we are not always aware of. Asking “How to get to know who you are?… I would like to find out who I am. Kinda.” is in my opinion one such question in that it implies that there is an “you” to be determined. I would like to suggest thinking differently about who you are. That you are not someone to be determined, but rather someone to create.

Who you are may change from one moment to the next as you try different things, expressing yourself in different ways. More important I think is what you are, an expression of source consciousness. You can be whoever you want to be within the physical limits of this game we call life. In this knowledge, we awaken to our true potential. I never find myself asking who am I, because I know I am that which I am. And everything else I create as I go.

Alex7, at times, I do think that any characteristic we admire in others is something that is part of us. But then, if the world we live in is a projection of ourselves, (as I think Teal has said), isn’t everything we perceive part of ourselves? And also, why would something we find attractive in someone else be a “suppressed” part of you. For instance, I find your desire to be helpful in the forum attractive, but I don’t see that as suppressed in me. Also, due to social programming, even that which we admire in others may not reflect who we truly are, but rather who we think we should be.

MC2, I think that heaven is a state of mind, rather than a place. And that it is in the letting go of all the “emotional baggage” we acquire in the process of growing up and becoming an adult that we can experience this frame of mind. I doubt many young children are asking the question of “Who am I?” I think they are generally too busy experiencing life, going after that which they desire, and appreciating that which they have.

I hope this helps. Again, I wish you all the best.

Aaron

False Self vs. Real Self - Teal Swan
https://youtu.be/xRsQ4CJEAYo

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Aaron said:

Alex7, at times, I do think that any characteristic we admire in others is something that is part of us. But then, if the world we live in is a projection of ourselves, (as I think Teal has said), isn’t everything we perceive part of ourselves? And also, why would something we find attractive in someone else be a “suppressed” part of you. For instance, I find your desire to be helpful in the forum attractive, but I don’t see that as suppressed in me. Also, due to social programming, even that which we admire in others may not reflect who we truly are, but rather who we think we should be.

if it feels good its the real you, our emotions are our higher self so if you find something attractive in someone else, that is you, your higher self is saying that's you, from the outside in, its coming straight from your stream. I like singers but I cant sing to save my life, and I don't want to be a singer but if it feels really good and its like what is it about this person that makes me like them, its me seeing me outside of me, that trait is in me and my higher self is showing me that. our parents could of suppressed parts of ourselves, like if we talked a lot they say shut up and we stopped talking.

I agree with @Alex7 that at least part of attractive qualities that we see in others could have been potentially suppressed in us. Or maybe it is something that hasn't been unfolded yet? Anyway for the most part I see those qualities as something I wish to experience myself and take it as inspiration .