Sign in to follow this  
M_The_Raven

Collective shadow. Mirrored in Trump.

5 posts in this topic

Collective shadow. Mirrored in Trump.

Been thinking.  Teal is wrong about Trump. 

I think he's a grotesque animal 

but I think u aren't seeing bigger elements at work in this new order 

it only feels like regression. Buts it's 

You see collective relapse.  

Edited by M_The_Raven
Ralph

It's not hip hip hooray.  It's darkness befalls always before light 

there's a broken bunch folks trying to get violent and it's anger tripped out by fear 

Sometimes -- nothing to say except the feeling of responsibility that they would say the father figure gonna fix it.  

Trump is gonna rescue me

obama gonna rescue me. 

False gods.  

No one come to save us except us

Life is a mystery to me. Which I have no solutuon

And I don't want power.   I just want self empowerment.   

I cant be a robot.  And I can't pretend to not know the truth.  

I can't escape a rabbit hole 

Hi,

I feel like this is something I'm qualified to comment on. My biggest interest is the shadow side of people, and Trump's certainly that... though personally I feel that he's not the problem, he's just how the problem has presented itself. The video you link to definately touches on it. Personally I have a different way of visualising it than Teal. Though I suppose the way I describe it below, pretty much matches up with what she says in the video.

"there's a broken bunch folks trying to get violent and it's anger tripped out by fear"

I agree, and it's something I see in both Trump's most vocal supporters, and simultaneously his most vocal opponents. Fear, anger, rejection and voluntary isolation from ideas we reject. We people don't work in a straightforward way; to create what we want, we almost without exception, have to manifest the opposite first. But even when we accept that about ourselves, we tend to ignore the greater, multifaceted truths that come from what we create; we don't like idea that aren't straighforward, even though that's how the universe really works (indirectly). So we reject, and usually, we think we're righteous for rejecting the other manifestations of ourselves, the ones we think are doing it 'wrong'. Right now, the side of that particuar part of the world (the USA and most of the English speaking world, amongst other groups and language blocs) is trying to reject other parts of itself, and it works about as well for larger society as it does for us as individuals; the more you try to reject and deny the shadows, the stronger they become. Society does what we tend not to do so strongly as individuals; we feel like we really can excise the bits we don't like. We feel like the things we don't like don't deserve a place amongst us, and that rejection empowers those ideas and orients them against 'us'. Until we accept that the sentiments of 'Trump' and the populaist reactionary ideals he and his supporters embody are a fundamental part of ourselves that we have tried to ignore, deny, reject, they're going to keep manifesting themselves, in both the for-and-against forms, and those two sides will keep fighting. Only once you love and understand and accept something, can you embrace it in a way that lets you negate the power of its worst parts.

The only way is acceptance and love, not hate and denial. Something the mainstream isn't getting atm. Which is very sad, I feel. Trump is just one symptom anogst countless, I feel. But he's a good starting point for bringing all the 'shadow work' ideals into the wider world of discussion.

Edited by Done Now
Added a clarifier
  • Like 1

I could not have said it better myself, I completely agree @Done Now, and it kind of makes me think, that you ought to love Trump for being exactly that, a symptom, cause he's a very clear symptom. In that sense, whether you like what he represent or not, he's making it very clear to us, that we have some issues we need to deal with. 

Billedresultat for it's just a flesh wound

• Like 1