Llisa Noelle

Could there be a spiritual reason behind all good food tasting bad?

6 posts in this topic

Could there be a spiritual reason behind all good food tasting bad?

I have a chronic pain condition and an autoimmune disease. I have desperately tried to wean off pain medicine. I have no problem getting off pain as far as withdrawal symptoms, but  I'm in so much pain that it's impossible to even get up and take a shower. I know the key to getting better is eating good healthy food that is alive... But it all just tastes like mush to me and I can barely swallow it down. Everything tastes bad. Even with the early symptoms of being sick, ( autoimmune pancreatitis) I was very active, always worked out and tried to eat well, but I live in the south and that's something that many people around me did not know how to do while I was growing up. I even looked into organic foods at the beginning of the nineties in the Deep South...I.e. I was really going against the flow of the stream if you know what I'm saying. Now I can't get most of those healthy foods down. I know that healthy food could heal me. I know that most people would say the pain medicine, the narcotics, are suppressing my appetite, but even off the pain meds I can't seem to eat well because I'm in so much pain. Is there someone that can help me turn this ship around? Are there steps that I could do to remedy this?

Hello there, I may be able to help you Llisa, as I have been in similar situations. 

So that you know what I am talking about, I also developed autoimmune, it is mostly effecting my thyroid and I was diagnosed with Lupus. I have had over 28 food allergies, could barely walk from the pain even, not to mention that I have been walking around with a blood sugar level of 2 or that I can't even count how many times I have been in near death situations. I have also tried my best regardless of the situation to do things, errands, and school... (Currently recovering, you will see how just below this)

So what did I do? I may write this randomly a bit, mostly because I have discovered a lot of good and new stuff the past year. Have had my allergies for 7 years and my symptoms for 15 years.

First I went into an autoimmune diet. You can find it as autoimmune paleo mostly. This helped me a lot with decreasing my allergies down to 4ish and to lessen my inflammation. May not taste good at first, I admit, but after that, it is going well. Also, in my case, I had to include natural sugars and leave out xillit and stevia, as my liver and thyroid did not approve of those. 

After one of the near death experiences, where I have lost all, I decided to change myself as much as I could-for the better. I literally sat down with everything, that annoyed me, asked myself why it annoyed me, then shone some decent view on it. I guess it was integrating it, but well, this decreased my level of stress and it is just awesome!

First I had really nasty migraines, not just your normal one, but one that can be only treated in hospital- but I couldn't even talk when it occoured, let alone move at times. I actually had a neurology professor treat me, but he couldn't do much. He only told me to call an ambulance at the first symptoms, as not even his best medicine has worked- not to mention the fact that I suffered from side effects as well. Here what saved me were the herbs. Taking a few herbs cured me out of a continous, 4 month old migraine, in just TWO DAYS. Ever since then, I highly prefer herbal remedies, and they work for me way better than synthetic drugs. I am also free of side effects.

For the pain in my body, I actually have not used anything. That has been excruciating at times as well, as the pain level of them usually reached up to what I had experienced when I had a bleeding in my spleen. What I did here was that I have just decided to stop fighting the pain and simply acknowledging it as the messenger. It is there, sometimes it does get hard to walk, but I do not suffer anymore. I sometimes only notice the fact that I can hardly move.

Lately, I have found that almost everyone has parasites, but most don't even notice. Especially if you have some kind of disease, I would put money on it, that you have a bad case. Currently, I am undergoing my second parasite cleanse, this time around with a gall/liver cleanse. For this, I use Hulda Clark (MD)'s way. Here I must warn you that a gall/liver cleanse is more delicate, as you must not have bigger gallstones or live parasites. I suggest you see a certified natural healer of some sorts before attempting it. However, if you are allowed to do it, I can certify that it helps a lot. 

After 15 years of suffering, it actually turned out that I have had chronic Lyme disease all along. The autoimmune process and allergies are also just symptoms, so if I heal, it will get better. There is also a chance, seeing  what you have written, that you have it as well. I have been under treatment for 6 months or so, and things move slowly. If you want to have a reliable test for it, check out the elispot test- I had to send my blood to Germany as well. The Elisa came back as negative for me as well- it's accuracy is around 20%, yet they are diagnosing with that. I have had no tick bites that I noticed, nor a bull's eye rash. Coinfections may be also present.

Well, I tried to be short and I hope I have included what had to be here. You may want to think about these, or find alternatives even, and pick what resonates  with you :)

Hello Llisa, Is medicinal marijuana an option for you?

I don't have any personal experience but it's the first thing that came to mind when i thought about pain and appetite.

Good luck, all the love

Parasites can do that. They make you crave sweets and junk...and be repulsed by food that makes you strong. Do a cleanse. I like the salt water parasite one, works for me.

knowing how strong the subconscious is I think it is horrible to diagnose someone, the modern spell I swear. bad food taste good because of emotional attachment and all this nostalgia attached to it, once you heal those aspect of you you wont even crave soda, candy or whatever, but until you do that it will sort of be this weakness in you. subconscious, subconscious, subconscious there's the key. your body is constantly communicating with you but if you are able to eat something not good for your body it will show up in these symptoms, emotions do this too, but that isn't common sense in the mainstream yet :(

I'm sure there could be a reason, but in my experience, it's just your microbiome needing adjustment. 

Maybe not even medical mj but just (fully legal) CBD oil (can buy online at various places--recently heard of hemp life 500mg dropper but I've had good results also with 250mg solid oil from CBD Plus)

Edited by BexD