feyzina

Need advice on skin care

8 posts in this topic

Need advice on skin care

I am getting into my 30’s. Recently, I noticed that my skin looks like that of a 50-year-old woman. I never cared for my skin and it’s showing now. I was searching online for some tips and happened to see this blog. [ http://inthebackyard.ca/10-beauty-products-hiding-in-your-garden/ ]. It was mentioned in the blog that berries mixed with honey is a good solution for the aging of the skin as it has plenty of antioxidants. Also, they have quoted that elder flower oil is capable of slowing the aging process and can even soothe rashes and treat scars. I never knew this. Has anyone tried this? Please share. Where can I get this elder flower oil?

Edited by feyzina

I haven't used elder flower oil. But in my experience our skin will show any stressors... especially the foods we eat but shouldn't. Our digestion plays a huge part of the health of our mind/body systems/skin. Even if you think you eat very healthy you could be eating something your system cannot digest. In my case it was nightshades! Just something to think about if you've noticed issues with your digestion:) 

I dealt with terrible cystic acne that wouldn't go away until I sorted out my diet issues and I switched to oil cleansing with living libations- best skin ever with sea buckthorn oil. I received so many compliments on my skin after I switch! All their products are organic and made with nourishing and quality EO. No junk!

I hope you find something that works for you. 

Our skin care today came a long way since we used to apply lard (pig's fat) onto our face and body. It has also became the main ingredient in later skin products such as lye soap - which is still used today and considered to be safe! It's been adviced by many pediatricians in all post-soviet contries, as far as i know,  and women used it to restore ph-balance in case of yeast infections and such. The scent of lye soap is nothing like flowers and  I still remember my grand-grand-mother using lye soap + lard as her moisturize  and she looked good for a looooooooong time. Wish she didn't give up on herself, she'd stay a good looking lady till the end of her days 🙏

Having that said, yes, nutrition is important, especially if want to keep all your joints moving smoothly. What good is it to be young with arthritis, kidney failure and detoriating liver?