Sign in to follow this  
Odetta

Esoteric Emotions

2 posts in this topic

Esoteric Emotions

Does anybody else experience "Esoteric Emotions"?

These emotions are very strange and appear out of nowhere.  For instance I could be sitting down looking at a catalog of some sorts when I get inundated with a strange, often perplexing emotion.  Most are very pleasing, strange but pleasing.  These emotions don't seem to be connected to anything in particular but seem to manifest out of thin air.  I have a strong case of Synesthesia and when these emotions come I get flooded with colors and shapes.  I can't really explain what these emotions are similar to because they are not really like the "regular" everyday emotions, it's like trying to explain to someone the shape and taste of the color purple. 

Whats most striking is that these emotions are the most intense in the "dream world".  As soon as I wake up from a dream, I'm still in the emotional state I was in.  The emotion is so strong that it could affect me the entire day or two.  I know these emotions are simply not possible to experience in relation to anything we could encounter in our everyday lives. It's as if I've become a connoisseur of emotions and the universe is like, "Hey, try this one".  

Does anyone else have similar experiences?

( There is a huge difference from an "emotion" and a "sensation".  For example: Love and Hate are emotions.  While Physical Pain and an Orgasm are sensations. Emotions can produce sensations, While sensations can produce a myriad of emotions which fall in line with the basic human definitions of such.)

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Odetta said:

Synesthesia

awesome!

with music I get these emotions, it feels like a positive adrenaline rush is how I can explain it, or sometimes I get feels in my body like if someone was blowing inside me and energy is just flowing in there, its hard to explain. I don't see anything unless I'm sleeping but its just emotion, not shapes or colors while I'm awake. the way you are explaining seems like it has to be experienced and cant really be explained, its sounds awesome thought.