Aleksander

Hi, anyone around Brissy?

4 posts in this topic

Hi, anyone around Brissy?

Hi, I just joined the community. Interested in many things, but developing a vision of intentional communities resonates with me. There are already a few communities around, would be good to visit some. Anyway, let the ball roll. Cheers!

Hi, my name is Allana, I live in Australia's largest longest lasting intentional community called Bundagen. It's just 20 mins south of Coffs Harbour Nsw but  still rural. It's been going for 36 years and has around 150 people living here permanently. We originally bought an old farm in the middle of National park which is patches of gum and rainforest right on the beach, there are many alternative buildings here and massive food gardens, we are completely off grid - its incredible! We have regular meetings where the whole community makes decisions together - that can be a tuff process, we are constantly working on refining it - people can be tricky n messy! However all in all, its something inspirational. Let me know if you would like to visit sometime.

• Upvote 1

Hi Allana,

Thanks a lot for your reply and sorry for coming back so late. The page has been rearranged and I just lost the touch with e-mails.

Yes, I would definitely like to visit your community and really thanks for your invitation. Maybe an afternoon call on a weekend in June or July? I will start planning my time. Do you have any events in winter or maybe some bigger jobs I can help you with for a day or two?

I totally agree that the technology part is relatively easy to sort out these days, the wealth and challenge of a community is the people. I would be really interested how are you managing the people relationships, what is the "glue" of the community and where tensions occur. And the economy, in sense that there is enough income that people can maintain external links and not to slide into isolation? I think the whole western society is on a brink of a big change, people sense there is something wrong but there is no clear vision yet.

I am sure a community like yours can give some answers. I wish you all the best and hope we can meet soon.

With kind regards

Aleksander

PS

What is your interest/ocucpation? I am a Brisbane City council employee and slowly sliding into energy healing. My kids are almost independent so I am really thinking about a different life-pattern. Something that makes more sense :)

Rosie, we can organise the trip together.

Cheers

Aleksander