annajose67

Need advice!!

4 posts in this topic

Need advice!!

I have diagnosed with breast cancer a few years ago and I'm currently under partial remission. I was so happy when my doctor said this. Now I can lead a normal life without taking any treatments. I still remember the pain of undergoing chemo and I just can't believe I'm in partial remission. Because of the treatment, I lost a massive amount of weight and my body is weak. The only thing that concerns me is people's stare. They stare at my chest and I feel uncomfortable so I'm thinking of undergoing breast reconstruction surgery from a clinic in Brampton. Will I be able to undergo the surgery after a massive weight loss? Or should I wait for complete remission to undergo this surgery? Any advice is appreciated!!

Congratulations on your partly remission! It must have been a pretty damn hard time for you and even still now. I send you my best wishes.
I think you are asking a bit of a technical question that probably your doctor can best answer, but I do hope there is somebody here with more experience on the topic. It could be good to wait until your body is more 'developed' into a healthy self just so that the surgery will look good on you when you are your old self again.
Aren't there less invasive solutions? like a push up bra or wearing a big t-shirt that says: "I beat cancer :) "