Rochester1977

Sex, Spirituality, and Celibacy: Are the Gurus right when they say physical sex isn't spiritual?

3 posts in this topic

Sex, Spirituality, and Celibacy: Are the Gurus right when they say physical sex isn't spiritual?

So I am having this burning question about sex and spirituality. For a while I had been a reader and fan of Dr. Cha-Zay Sandhriel and her site corefreedom.com as well as her Blueprint for Love videos on YouTube. There are many insights I have gained that have helped me that she has shared, but recently I listened to a podcast where she says that physical love has nothing to do with spiritualitu and that once a person truly knows Spirit they will see physical sex for the illusion it is and only meant for procreation and survival. Many gurus I have lustened to have said similar or the same amd say that enlightenment or spiritual ascension can not be had through means of sex and the body. So I am confused because Teal has spoken of the spirituality inherent in sex infused with love and how it unifies and helps to transcend the ego. Tantric sexual practice I thought was in practice of the same thing. Yet I have read that when you attain deep meditative states consistently, you will no longer want sex because it is just an attachment to the physical world. Are Teal and other pro "spiritual sex" advocates (a term Chazay says is absurd because spirit isn't physical) correct? Or are they (Teal and Chazay/other Indian Gurus) speaking about different things? Or are both correct but from 2 different aspects of reality?

Edited by Rochester1977
Missed a word in title of question

they are both correct from 2 different aspects. though, we have to stop thinking that body and body instincs are enemy. in this human experience we have bodies, we created them through our consciousness, our bodies are manifestation on the physical plane of our spirit, we need this body. sex is a phisycal experience, and is a way to connect our spirits to unity through a physical act. embracing this physical instinct with the aim of sublimating them into an act of love is sex. escaping the body is easy, but thats not why we are here for.  

• Upvote 1

In a nutshell: they are wrong. Anything and everything can be considered "spiritual", there is little to no distinction to be made. There is nothing "unspiritual" about physicality because it rests entirely upon an energetic/spiritual basis, it is not separate and never could be. There is no possibility of physicality without underlying energy and consciousness. So if someone makes an absolutist sweeping statement like "sex is unspiritual" then they are plain wrong.

• Upvote 1