Nate

Finding balance: identity vs no ego

7 posts in this topic

Finding balance: identity vs no ego

I just watched another brilliantly enlightening video by Teal on selective identification. Basically, people can tend to try to choose their one "true" personality and ignore any facets of themselves that do not match that in order to be who they want to be. I have struggled with this for most of my life. I have tried to figure out the person i want to become and the world i want to create around me and try to get everything else out. But then i will have other needs and personalities i want to experience lol. I recently found the opposite end of the spectrum. Teachers telling that we must let go of our ego all together and i have been believing that is the healthy path forward. I have gone through alot of pain the past several years and that concept helped me some, however it feels empty and i always "revert" back to ego and attachments etc. Basically after watching Teal's video, i see this clearer now and feel there must be a balance of experiencing all your egos along with being void of your ego. Between having different egos and being the all emcompassing person you want to be. I honestly just want to stop searching and start BEING without having to think and analyze so much. And i want to stop all the pain in my life and be happy with my life.

Here is my question:

Does anyone understand what i am saying and do you have experience with this development? Do you have advice on how to balance these things so that you can just be you and experience life? Thanks for any interaction with this thread.

HI Nate,

Just finished watching the video also and IMO this process of integrating all of our aspects is/will be a life long process.  There are lessons to be learned from all of our experiences. When there is a very difficult point in our life this is where the best lessons are learnt and the most growth will come from.  Without the negative there is no positive.  Also we reflect the energy we put forth.  If we project positive energy that is what will be given back to you.  All of this is a choice on how you wish to accept the experience.  Hope this helps.  Be strong , be fearless, be blessed. 

• Upvote 1

Thank you for the reply Rain 369. That is very helpful advice especially if i can remember to attempt to stay positive. I do understand the growth through pain. I have grown alot. Your words are much appreciated!

That´s exactly what I am going through. I came to a point in my life were I sudendly realized there was a diference between ego and intuition. so I started a battle: INTUITION VS EGO. I labeled my intuition as my higher self and everything that is good about me as being my true self and my ego as everything that was bad about me and didn´t serve me. I wanted so bad to get rid of my ego and become egoless. I tried to understand wich feeling were ego and the ones that were not. I labelled feelings like anger, anxiety and fear as ego. Emotions as love. calmness, happiness, security as intuition or true self. It was going well but then I started having pain again. it´s like spirituality 1.0. it stops working out and then you go to spirituality 2.0.

I also tried to find the balance between emotions and reasoning as I labeled emotions as intuition and reason and logic as ego. If I labeled emotions as intuition how could I be saying that anger, anxiety and fear as ego. something was not right there. I realized that I was trying to avoid some aspects of myself. I became separated. there had multiple facetes of me and they were being put way in my subconscience. I started trying to see what was there hidden. I did some inner childwork and realized that I should hear my anger more because I am afraid of what people might say of me and my anger wants to unleash my true self. on the other hand because I am afraid of other´s judgments my anxiety tries to paralize me so I can be safe. what do they have in common? they both want to protect me. so what´s wrong about protection? nothing, right? I realized is just about hearing and feeling. At this time in my life my anger serves me better because I need to understand hwo I am and what I am capable of by being vulnerable and being on a postion that I might get rejected so i can experience love which I want so bad. My anger is my intuition trying to reach out to me. we are diferent so what is intuition for me might not be for you. you have your own feelings.

all this made me realize I can not run form pain. pain exists for a reason: to show you what you don´t like. Before I would deal with with it by coping with something that you make me feel better. Now I try to be present with it and then try to hear what that pain is trying to tell me. it´s like a kid that knows what it wants. nothing nows better what it needs then the kid himself. Your pain nows what it wants from you.

all of that to tell you what I came to understand at this point. I understood that ego it´s to be embraced.it´s just a kid needing atention. you know why? because you are a pshyical being. ego is just intuition materialized. you can not escape from your ego. unless you decide that it´s not worth living anymore and that you acomplished your purpose here. you are materialized so you can not escape ego. when someone something hits you, it hurts and that feeling you get is your ego, your pshycall being talking to you. For me ego is just a way that your higher self found to be on this dimension so you could acomplish your life´s purpose, your pre birth intention for expantion to happen. if you try to run from your ego what is it that your eyes, your ears, your brain...your body is needed for?

In my perpective the best way to be intuittive is to hear your ego, you psycall encarnation. your emotions are the doorway for you to hear your higherself. then you can try to understand them by using your reason. the only way to escape ego is by becoming one with source. a rock is ego in my perspective because is it materialized.

life for me it´s about hearing your ego, you needs, your wishes and be present with them. ego is your higher is manifested. they are one. all is one. it´s just the perpective you are right now that allows you to feel your source perpective. intuitition are hints that you have to pay atention to. 

do you think it´s ok to for you to say that the sadness you feel is just ego and you should not pay atention to it? so why is it there? if it was  child what would you do? by neglecting that sadness it´ll hide itself  like a kid might do. then it becomes a point of atraction in your subconscious mind and you don´t understand why sadness is still comming at you because you can´t see where it comes from.

I am just starting to understand this now and actually there were things I wrote here that I hadn´t realized before. I hope you could understand my point. All I wanted to say is that your ego is the is this dimension and your emotions are the link to the dimension of source, so just feel whatever it is you are feeling because they are there to tell you something..to tell your intention in this pshycall dimension.

I know I seem too damn secure of what I am saying. actually I don´t know how do I know what I wrote. that´s what make me so sure of it. I am struggling to... I feel lost...It´s not easy for me to apply all this as I feel paralized right now...but today I feel better and that´s all I know. Actually I am here trying to help someone. I hope I helped in someway. sorry I wrote this much.

Edited by Rui Carlos
  • Upvote 1

That hit very close to home Rui. I really appreciate your post. And yes i connected to alot of what you said. I have also felt lost and struggling, but i have been better as i uncover things like this. When you said its not easy to apply all this, i understand completely. Can turn into an emotional roller coaster and i forget the last thing i learned. Honestly as i look back at it all, i get frustrated at every episode of pain and try desperately to enlighten myself to get rid of it. So many, but it has helped me overtime to process things better even though i still have my ups and downs. I think i am at the point where i dont necesarily want to focus on pushing myself to become enlightened and take pressure off myself from having any particular kind of life. Just keep things simple while just caring for myself when im down like the child you mentioned. Thats a very important point you make me realize. Focus on less. Ive done enough searching to know ill never reach the destination im searching for. Maybe i can appreciate spots along the journey.  Thank you so much for your kindness and sharing your experience. I am very grateful to have crossed paths with you. I have a feeling we may be similar in certain ways. Hope you have a blessed day

• Upvote 1

Teal's newest video on the pain principle actually hit on this very issue. Amazing! I feel a much clearer understandibg on how to live with all of these aspects of myself and how to interact with them. I feel so blessed to have come across her. Im so amazed at the timing of her teachings coinciding with my issues. I am feeling very grateful which is a very positive thing to feel.

Its strange. I grew up in church and every week we would learn a lesson to apply to our lives. I must say that it never really helped me though i enjoyed the fellowship. With all of the spiritual development i have searched for over the years, this is the first time i feel like i have found someone i can consistently go to to find the answers and an actually difference being made. Every video is a blessing. I am in a very grateful feeling this morning lol

• Upvote 1

I totally feel what you are feeling right now. Teal is an amazing human being. what´s astonishing is that she has this hability of translating the world to us. what impresses me the most is that the things she says are all over the place and we know a lot of it already. but when it comes to emtional problems we run from them. let me give you an example. when we get hurt and bleed depending on the pain we may scream or not. that pain brings us imediately to the present moment no matter where our heads are. when we are brought to the present moment we do the first aid treatments. so what is it that we are doing? we are taking care of our pain that was caused in the past in like seconds ago in this present moment. we already know that and yet something that is in our core being is so hard to be understood and applying in general. 

our minds work in amazing ways. the things we learn are always stored in the subconscious mind and we can bring them to the conscious mind whenever we need  by having awareness. there are days that I feel like I don´t know any of the stuff I´ve learned so far and yet I have this voice that teels me to embrace whatever it is I am feeling. 

I am so grateful for having found Teal. I put her in my graces list whenever I remember but I want to always remember from now on . she can fully understand me and when she talks she touches my soul. it´s seems like she is using my feelings to talk lol.