Sign in to follow this  
Nimuena

What to do when you have no memory

What to do when you have no memory

I found mention of Shadow work through a book speaking to trace possesion. Upon searching youtube for shadow work help I found Teal Swan's video and message. It was then that I began to feel more aware, I quickly watched video after video. When I came to spirituality 2.0 I broke and cried. So many things made sense, why couldn't I see them before? I suppose I was not ready to, still stuck as I was in the "101" mindset. As my journey continues forward I find that my past is eluding me as it has since childhood. It would not be an overreach to say that I only have a handful of memories from my childhood. This would indicate some deep traumatic event, but this is also true for my teen and even adult years. I would be pressed to articulate correctly what my life was like a year ago or specific events that happened last month. My question now is, thanks for sticking with me, how am I able to do that shadow work, to remember the first time I had a specific feeling?

Hi @Nimuena, that is a very good question and I sometimes feel the same with my memory, so don't ask me what I ate three days ago for dinner.
In my experience with Shadow work this isn't much of a problem, because I do have memories of times when I felt really bad about some things so I connect to those memories to start my journey.
For example: yesterday I wanted to focus on feelings of (emotional) unsafety so I remembered an event a year ago where I got sort of bullied by all my friends, one in particular. Again, my memory isn't super good but I do remember 'flashes' of certain things, particularly emotional events. I don't remember the exact words, the exact location of everybody in the room, nor the smells or anything. I just remember a flash of me looking at him and that it felt awful for me. By sinking deeper into that feeling from that memory I was able to access a memory of when I was 1-2 years old.

A few things to keep in mind:
- this process is designed to work on your feelings, so the actual memory is not so much relevant as is the feeling associated with that memory
- funny enough, feelings are a great way to relive a memory and make you a lot more aware of a memory that you have long 'forgotten'. It is like how a particular smell or sound can bring something back from childhood.

maybe this thread helps:
https://tealswan.com/forums/topic/2489-im-not-sure-how-to-sink-into-a-feeling/#comment-19721

• Upvote 1

Both are wonderful insights, thank you so much. I have devoured Teal's videos since finding them andown I have learned so much. Thank you again for your insight and knowledge.

• Upvote 1