Rainbow Thunderstorm

Schizophrenia & psychiatric medication

16 posts in this topic

Schizophrenia & psychiatric medication

Hi

i have had 17 psychotic episodes and many months of suicidal depression over the last 10 years

in psychosis I'm very open psychically on all levels

im currently on psych meds at a low dose after trying coming off unsuccessfully over 6 years

i dream of a time when I can be free of meds and be well

I have been dreaming of an intentional community for years, I think this would help me be able to function in this world hopefully free of meds

Can anyone help me with this question; how may I recover from schizophrenia and honour my sensitivity and spiritual gifts?  

Thank you! Blessings to you! Namaste❤

• Upvote 1

I know very little about schizophrenia and especially how to recover from its negative aspects, so I can only offer you conjecture which hopefully rings true for you:

What characterizes these disorders is the split of the psyche... hence I would theorize it's all about shadow work, soul retrieval, etc. which is what Teal teaches about. How to heal the split aspects and bring yourself back into a whole state. It is working for me, although I am not schizophrenic, I am/was easily on the schizophrenic spectrum due to my issues and sensitivities.

Do not just focus on your brain but work on your body as well. This includes diet and nutrition, hydration, exercise, and some form of body work. Most trauma is stored in the body, not in the brain. So working on the body with some kind of healing modality, of which Eastern methods are the most refined, is very helpful for people with trauma who also have issues which can leave them stuck in their mental space. I'm talking about stuff like accupuncture, accupressure, gua sha, tai chi/qi kung, kinesiology, structural integration, shiatsu, etc.

I think you would benefit from learning about Teal's journey with her extrasensory abilities. In particular a 40-minute audio named "Advice for Empaths" is something I think everyone should listen to, but especially sensitives of any kind. It can completely change the way you deal with input.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I'm not sure what people who have "schizophrenia" have to deal with, I'm still not entirely sure what it is. I also don't know what is considered the normal metal state or sensitivity in societies eyes. a lot of people take some sort of pill now a days so that should tell you something. For me I can perceive emotions and peoples judgments towards me, like if I express I can pick up on their judgments and disagreements and all that, so being around people becomes a little too much, and I remember teal saying that never shuts off, its just a part of you, a part of me loves to not be numb, but you almost have to be in society, but I can't! Its probably something like that for you visually? I'm not sure. unfortunately western society doesn't see it as a gift, it see's it as a mental illness because that's what they were taught and they have to go by the books, not a actual intuitive feeling what it really is because the soul isn't even brought up in any of those books, just someone else's research passed on, not much independent thinking with your emotions and intuition on, not all of course, but doctors still have to play by these rules even if they don't agree with it, legally they have to follow the rules of what "schizophrenia" is.

• Upvote 1

Wow thank you everyone for all your support and guidance!

i have been practicing yoga and meditation regularly and mostly daily for 15 years.

im an artist and I write in my journal and draw most days.

i make sure I spend time with people I connect with most days, nearly each day.

i walk by the water each day and love to swim in the ocean.

I read spiritual books each day.

im in a private hospital and each day we do tai chi, mindfulness relaxation and 2 cognitive behaviour groups about things like self esteem, goal setting and assertiveness.

I love myself unconditionally and I meet each challenging thoughts and emotions with compassion and awareness.

I have had "mental illness" since I was 13 years old so I have learnt many skills along the way. I'm 37 now.

I've had "schizophrenia" the last 10 years. It basically means for me that I go through weeks at a time where I experience an alternate reality, where I see, hear, feel the non physical and I travel through different dimensions including outer space and past lives and  I'm out of my body. The difference between schizophrenia and someone having a spiritual experience is my ability to cope. I don't sleep, drink water or eat very much at all and I become extremely emotionally distressed. After this phase I go into suicidal depression for months where I feel disconnected and shut down and excruciating despair.

My heart and my guidance tell me taking medication is best for now. Yet I want to create a life where I hope to come off them.

I feel like what I need to recover is to honour my shadow yet also work to evoke joy. I feel fulfilling work, study and making friends will help. I haven't been capable of these things very much for the last 10 years. I'm choosing to use the medication to give me some emotional pain relief so I can function in the world. I hope to create a life around me that helps me recover completely so I can be med free and functional.

It is a daily journey. Watching teals videos gives me hope and inspiration. 

I have a counsellor who is deeply spiritual and an art therapist. My psychiatrist is very optimistic and he uses low doses of medication. I'm going to start regular acupuncture with my wholistic GP.

Sometimes the biggest thing in recovery from dis-ease is time, love and patience while living a life of positive action and love and acceptance of the shadow.

my diet is quite good- I aim for whole foods.

i do have some "bad" habits, yet I'm gradually reducing them. I used to smoke 30 cigs a day, I've cut down to 5. I used to have 5 coffees a day, now I have 2 or 3. I eat a few times in the middle of the night, yet I try to eat nourishing foods.

Sometimes I wonder why I'm still sick when I do so many healing things and I love myself! It's an opportunity for healing, layers of fear to face.

Mark Joseph Middleton thank you your reply. Yes I'd like it if you set an intent for your dream self to clear or balance anything it can. I'm very grateful for your help. Namaste.

thank you all so much for replying to me! I deeply appreciate the support. Many blessings to you!

hi Walt 

im moving into a flat by the water in 3 weeks. It's walking distance to the hospital where I will attend a therapeutic day programme 4 days a week. It's also walking distance to a spiritual hub where I will go to meditation or yoga classes each evening.

I'm scared of moving though, being alone is hard. I'd like to set up an intentional community. I think intentional communities would help greatly people with mental illness.

hi everyone 

things in my life seem rosy on the surface yet I'm experiencing deep emotional pain

for the last 6 days I have felt depression and suicidal thoughts in the morning and then I felt some joy and peace in the afternoon 

today I just felt like I couldn't bare it anymore

i told my psychiatrist how I'd been feeling and he wanted to increase my antidepressant 

i want to manage with the least amount of medication possible 

i did teals process "the feeling process" it worked during the process yet after the depression returned 

Can anyone suggest one of Teals processes to help ease emotional suffering?

i would like to find a way to manage and heal my depression so I don't need to increase medication.

blessings to you

Namaste?????❤???

Teal's video on "how to heal the emotional body", also stuff about the completion process. She talks about integration processes in almost every video, interview and livestream, so just watch any that appeal to you.

It's time to stop seeing depression or other unpleasant states as "wrong". Your psychiatrist is acting on auto-pilot and you are right to want to decrease dependence on medication. Personally I find the classification of depression (+ others) as an illness to be very unhelpful and I see so many people getting stuck because of this misleading labelling and subsequent identification to the label. Depression is something that a person will experience as one of many symptoms of ill health. Treating it as its own illness has helped no one and never will.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 30-1-2017 at 3:23 AM, Rainbow Thunderstorm said:

hi everyone 

things in my life seem rosy on the surface yet I'm experiencing deep emotional pain

for the last 6 days I have felt depression and suicidal thoughts in the morning and then I felt some joy and peace in the afternoon 

today I just felt like I couldn't bare it anymore

i told my psychiatrist how I'd been feeling and he wanted to increase my antidepressant 

i want to manage with the least amount of medication possible 

i did teals process "the feeling process" it worked during the process yet after the depression returned 

Can anyone suggest one of Teals processes to help ease emotional suffering?

i would like to find a way to manage and heal my depression so I don't need to increase medication.

blessings to you

Namaste?????❤???

Schizophrenia
Much more mold toxin was seen in schizophrenic families
than in other kinds of illness. They usually had four or more kinds
of mold toxins at the same time, meaning that one toxin was not
detoxified before the next was already eaten. It may reflect on the
liver as much as the food selected. The initial injury, though, to
the liver may have occurred in early childhood.
Schizophrenia does not require mercury or other dental metal
pollution for its expression. This pattern is logical when it is
seen that young children can have schizophrenia. Schizophrenia
is an ancient illness, being described in some very old literature,
before dentistry existed. But parasites existed. And moldy food
existed. And copper existed!
Ergot is always seen in sick persons. Other mycotoxins are
also present, including sterigmatocystin, cytochalasin B, and
aflatoxin. As the mycotoxin panorama changes, brain symptoms
can change from compulsive hand washing to paranoia or from
hearing voices to meanness in disposition.

This is a part of explination schizophrenia whats happening in the body.

Gimmi a message ill mail you the rest and it also gives info about which foods and drinks you should and shouldnt use for awhile. 

Greetzz

This morning I read a random paper on schizophrenia and attachment relationships. Of course, this is just one narrow paper, but it had some useful points. 

Supposedly, those with schizophrenia are more likely to have had insecure attachments with most likely their mother. 

It said something along the lines that SZ's would have experienced some kind of trauma or neglect with their attachment figure. 

And that both positive and negative symptomology (positive is like hallucinations and negative might be lack of social engagement or poor mood) are linked to childhood trauma in SZ's

So perhaps it would help you to explore these issues if they apply to your life. Feelings related to attachments and neglect and trauma.

Put into action Teal's advice from her books and try seeing a counsellor or psychotherapist as support will be very necessary. Of course, because of higher likelihood of insecure attachment in SZ's you are less likely to seek help from others, but as long as you're aware of your help avoidance behaviours, you can make the conscious effort to seek help 

Good luck, it must be really tough for you <3

Hi Rainbow Thunderstorm,

I was diagnosed bipolar disorder with psychotic features about more than a year ago. I have had one more psychotic episode since then.

I, too, am seeking answers to what happened to me and what could happen since I'm not on medication anymore. What to do to heal, etc

If you'd like, I found a very interesting webpage that offers a spiritual/meta-physical perspective on bipolar and schizophrenia. Basically it talks about how are astral body is becoming higher in frequency at the same time our ego is becoming fractured. All gets thrown into chaos. At the end, it describes why depression sets in following an episode. Here it is:

http://www.alchemyrealm.com/psychosis.htm

Would love to discuss more with you, and I too am looking for an intentional community to integrate my life!

Hello Rainbow !!!

You seem like such a sweet person. Know that love and light are ALWAYS with you... They are always there to guide you, sustain you, heal you and even change you !!! 

You are gonna do great !! I promise !!

Well, i had an experiment many years ago .. to develop schizophrenia like symptoms. I succeeded.

It all started with lucid dreaming. As i was a bit depressed at that time, i went further. Mostly to have more pleasant parallel reality.

As with lucid dreaming, sometimes you wake but still dreaming. This teaches the brain how to develop merged realities. Next step is to skip the dreaming and add objects to reality while awake. By objects i mean visual objects and sounds mostly. Smells are also possible.

This is all nice before it gets intense. In other words you make it without any special intention in mind. I think now we are getting to the point where are the people are who never asked for it consciously.

From that experience i would say, it is easy to develop schizophrenia if person has strong internal conflict and parallel realities. Once the brain learns the trick it is question of habit. Bad habits are hard to overcome especially if the main reason of developing them is not gone. Another aspect to it is good visualization ability which may be key factor if person ever develops schizophrenia in these circumstances.

For me it took few weeks to go back to normal as i triggered all this intentionally.

This video might help a lot with your recovery. Also, Krystine suggested this channel to me (Bipolar or waking up?), and it has been a life saver for me at least. I think anyone who has had similar experiences to what this guy talks about in his first videos should watch all of them. Although the name of the channel suggests that it's aimed for people who are diagnosed bipolar, it's really for anyone who's had psychotic episodes, bipolar, or schitzophrenia. So check out this video and the first videos he released on this channel, and see if it resonates with your experience. Although he talks a lot about going off your medication, I think you should do what you feel is best for you at this moment, no matter how bad those drugs are for you. But this might just give you a glimpse of hope that one day you can get off your medication safely, and that there are ways to recover naturally.

• Upvote 1