Julia

Am I responsible for something happening in someone else's reality?

9 posts in this topic

Burglars went into my 79-year old grandmother's house today and robbed the place a little. Thank God they didn't do anything to her or my little cousin who was there at the time, but they're really scared. Me and my family have been fearful for my grandmother's safety for a while. My question is: since this is happening within my consciousness, am I responsible for this happening? Did my fear brought this about? I'm scared that it was me who caused this to happen vibrationally first and then manifested :( Is that how this works? Any variety of perspectives are greatly appreciated. 

Thank you

• Upvote 1

Oh no. I'm glad they're OK. I should like to think that you're more responsible for keeping them safe through the event than for causing the terrible instance.

I don't know exactly how it works, in general. Sometimes I think that "everything really bad or tragic always seems to catch us by surprise," so if we carefully consider all the negative possibilities they won't come true. I admit this is  kind of strange. 

I guess my perspective is that there is some kind of strange logic at work, and perhaps we can't really know just what the rules are. Perhaps the rules, being non-material, can't be expressed in a material form of logic. "I thought A, so A happened" breaks down if we take time (and therefore, causation?) out of the question?

As long as we are breathing there is nothing anyone can take from us. Burglars need something and they took it with their skills, similarly to the corporate giants and the capitalists !!!!! our lives. By manifesting robbery you have helped burglars 

Guest amy f

@Julia

I think that every experience is co created, especially in this universe.. You cant have influence or power over anyone or anything unless consciously or unconsciously they allow you to.. even then, giving your own power away is an illusion as you have the power to pretend to be less then something or someone else. So, truly there are no victims, (from a higher perspective) whilst at the same time it is true there are victims in the sense that if you created something painful without being conscious of it, your creating havoc among yourself and others, but it is still co creation.. (: 

7 hours ago, Akurabis said:

"I thought A, so A happened" breaks down if we take time (and therefore, causation?) out of the question?

mind went O.o and i laughed at it's confusion.

A rather perfect answer by @amy faragher.

You wouldn't have been able to cause the robbery to happen, if they weren't already in the vibrational vicinity (thought + feeling) of such an event. To this extent, like Amy has said, there are no victims.

Take this. Isn't it beautiful, and so relieving how your family is safe right now, and how they will be safe for the rest of their lives? How? It's not your concern, and you don't know why you feel so good about their safety... you just do. You don't have to know why. You don't even feel compelled to unnecessarily burden yourself by trying to find out that answer. Maybe there is no answer. Maybe you realize you can just let yourself keep feeling this forever... without a reason why. Your own secret drug of bliss, and happiness —not needing to meet criteria to feel an emotion. You naughty human.

Your blind acceptance of this ideal feels so much better to you (better than the alternative of worry/stress), that it doesn't even seem to matter why you're feeling it. Lock her doors for her, and check up with her regularly, sure, of course. But your understanding of what her safety situation looks like physically right now *does not have to dictate* your consistent emotional feeling about that exact same issue at this same moment.

Take for example a colonoscopy. You know physically what's happening, and that's not only important, but a gift in order for us to live this physical life sanely, and comfortably... but sure enough, the good doctor will lean over, and suggest you go to your happy place in order to preserve your peaceful, happy state. Et Voila! We've just been given permission by an educated, and trained medical doctor to not only *emotionally* ignore an unpleasant physical experience (...maybe that's relative), but to replace that experience with an imaginative scene meant only to produce a *feeling* in us that entertains, and perpetuates our inner peace, love, and happiness. :D

Okay, so maybe in that example it might be hard to direct your attention away enough. But you have time right now to enjoy your imaginative thoughts, and the feelings that come with it. Keep those thoughts alive, keep the feelings alive, they feel great don't they?

The law is a game as much as a tool my friend, enjoy it.

(i got to type less.. :no-talking-yahoo-emoticon:)

• Upvote 1

It's interesting , because you can create situations that can be attracted to you individually by engaging in a certain mind set and as result things of the same vibration can then drawn directly to you. However, I Dont believe that you can actually be directly responsible for something that happens to a completely different person. You can contribute to the cause and effect of a situation but not the direct situation. So, it is a blessing and perhaps on the flip side of situation  maybe it wasn't so much you cause the robbery but it was the love and protective vibration that kept them safe. I guess it depends on the way you look at it. 

Edited by Olga-p
  • Upvote 1

Thank you for the support and love everyone, you are amazing. And thank you for all the different ways you provided me for looking at this event, I really really appreciate it with all my heart. I'm still pondering on this question, but I guess it's complex for me to understand right now. With some time passed, I guess I'll have a clearer understanding.
Thank you very much again :love-struck-yahoo-emoticon: