Kim

Diet & Blood Type

8 posts in this topic

Diet & Blood Type

So... I'm looking to improve my diet. 

Apparently, people with blood type O+ (which is what I have) are "hunters"/natural meat eaters. I have no desire for meat. So my question is, are any of you vegan/vegetarian with O+ blood type? Have you found certain plant protein better than others? How do you go about making the most out of your diet? Could you suggest a meal plan?

I never cared much about diet. I just ate whatever felt right. But I've been guided to take a look at my physical form recently. Every part of it. Change is definitely in the air.

Any tips/tricks/advice will be much appreciated.

Thank you :star-yahoo-emoticon:

Edited by Kim
edit tags

First, I just want to be clear that I don't mean to challenge you in any way. If you feel something is right for you, what's the harm in trying? However, I've recently become enlightened by a dr. Gregger who maintains a website called nutritionfacts.org and has hired 19 professional researchers to go through all the almost 100,000 published papers each year also being skeptical of who funded the papers to give us the most concrete newest detailed info. You can go to the site and actually use the search engine to just throw in any topic you want info on health wise and there will be playlists on any topic. From what I understand, eating for your blood type is not a legitimate thing, he recommends eating a whole food plant based diet and will explain why over and over throughout those videos. He also has an app and Fb groups to follow for support. 

Regardless of whether anyone is a natural meat-eater or not, to source high-quality meat would be very difficult/impossible in this day and age. Excess meat consumption is more hazardous to health than it is beneficial. I don't know much about the blood types but I don't think any human is a natural "hunter/meat-eater". We are omnivores who can survive off meat if and when necessary (harsh climate). which is what our closest relatives the primates do sometimes, and we are even less suited to hunting than they are. Fish is probably the healthiest, least damaging, and least contaminated meat today, although many types still have unfortunately high levels of mercury and radiation.

@Tullizzy I think the blood type diet might be a bit of hogwash too, as I remember always feeling heavy back when I ate meat from land animals. Thanks so much for your suggestion. Sounds interesting. I'll definitely check it out.

Thanks for the input @Kroge I actually went pescetarian about a year ago.  

• Upvote 1

Hi Kim, same name but M.:-) ans same blood typ! interesting.

since a couole of months I am not able to eat animalproducts any more. it started with farmed meet, a few weejs later with wild like rabbits, dear,....... then even eggs or other animal products. even hony. I have severe blood issues (jak2) sort if rear blood cancer. my thyroids are also having probkems and doktors want to remoove them compleatly. But I refused. the symtoms of consuming any type of animal products wind up lika a mild form of food poisining. so I had to change within a few weeks to vegan. To make life easier my ssystem does not coup well with lactose, glutamate, soja, tofu. I get alergi reactions including vomiting. Doktors are not able to help. All test and examinations are with meaningless and confusing results. 

To make my situatoin short regarding food. I have qiute good body responds with vetgetabkes and fruits. especially all kind of berries.Also I make juice with frozen berries mix I buy at the supermarket. 2pound mixed berries 5soupspoons shugar and a have squeezed lemmon blended in a mixer with 1quart of water. I add some additional water for drinking.

This is all new for me, It is experimental, no doctors have been able to help or provide some support. so for my case I have no other option. I absolutely do not recomend to experiment with health, I just want to share my story and health issues and findings with you. I wish for nobody to get into situations like this. 

L.F.

sorry about poor spelling and englisch wichbis not my native tounge and writing on my mobile makes it a bit chalinging aswell:-)

Edited by lonly ferret

Thanks for the hint. I am familiar with this book. unfortunately due to a genetic defect which got activ some unknown years ago. Things are not that easy and I am so to speak of grid where all my test results make no sense at all at current knowledge. I followed as well this"diet" most of the time.

L.F.

Hi there, I think a meal plan is the best way to be in shape and to stay healthy. I saw many of them who don't take care about their diet. They eat junk food and drink alcohol which results in overweight. My sister is using a diet guide livré minceur which is really good and it helps to maintain the weight and provide you fat free body. I think you can also try this.

The Blood Type diet has been debunked countless times. Even Teal has said it's nonsense. This video will explain in detail if you're interested

Edited by Rahul Johar
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1