Tony Jin

Relationship between Law of Attraction and Free Will

5 posts in this topic

What is the relationship between the Law of Attraction and Free Will?

Let's say for instance I have a friend over.  From the perspective of my free will, I can punch him or I can leave him alone.

In either cases, wouldn't the Law of Attraction have determined the outcome?

From my perspective, it seems the Law of Attraction and Free Will conflict.  

Can someone please explain to me more in depth as to how the Law of Attraction does NOT conflict with Free Will?

Edited by Tony Jin

Free will says you are free to do whatever you want. Hit some one. Think about hitting someone. Be spiritual, be physical. Believe in God, Source or not. The law of attraction says you attract what you desire or focus on. So if you want wealth and focus on money, wealth will come to you. If you focus on poverty even if you don't want it but fear it, hate it, focusing on it will attract it and poverty will come to you. It's like trying to stop smoking by saying to yourself  I want to quit , i need to quit, I have to quit, smoking smoking, smoking. You'll never quit because you are focused on smoking.

Free will says you can do whatever smoke or not. Law of attraction says you'll get what you focus on.  If you focus on quitting you'll never quit you'll continue quitting forever.

• Upvote 1

I don't think you guys understand my question.

I'm asking about the Law of Attraction being rather deterministic.  

Like in my example of the friend who may or may not get punched by me.  If he gets punched, does that mean the Law of Attraction attracted that experience and my Free Will was only playing in the hands of the Law of Attraction?

I think you should read/watch more on the law of attraction, I don't think you will get the answer you're looking for from a forum because it depends on you deepening your understanding of the mechanics at work, which you'll only get through absorbing more material. Otherwise it would take many paragraphs to even try and catch you up to speed. Teal has many videos/articles about manifesting and the law of attraction which are specifically written to clear up all sorts of misunderstandings about it. You could also look at her videos about the future.

• Upvote 1

Real law of attraction means if u give love , love will come to u etc. But most of the people fail to understand the law of attraction becos when law of attraction is executed through the illusionary 'I", then it wud have opposite effect. Foe example when u donate something thru "I" , there is some motive involved in it. That motive might even be wanting of love from another people. The moment u have motive that is generated thru "I" sneakly, u are not following law of attraction. On the contrary, giving happens in such a way that even I don't know it psychologically, that's happening , then that's true giving and universe will definitely give in return to u something. To undertsand this, u have to do it. 

Laws of nature  or Tao can only be know by deep observation. It's just can't be know thru reading books or watching videos although that can act as a pointer.Free will does not exist  according the laws of nature of Tao.