Tessa Rae

Let's talk about that "gut feeling"

7 posts in this topic

Let's talk about that "gut feeling"

Lately I have been asking where intuition in regards to interpersonal relationships is located... The answer came to me that it's in my gut.  This isn't the answer I really wanted to hear, because if this is my intuition, it means that I'm off course...

Do you feel like your intuition (in regards to relationships) is located in your solar plexus? Or rather, the area right between your solar plexus and heart chakra? Like right where your stomach is? If you feel like it is, I really want to hear from you.

Have you ever made a decision based completely on the feeling you have in your gut, brushing logic aside? Say, when making a friend, you felt in your gut it wasn't right for you, despite logic showing that you guys would be good for each other? What was the outcome of that? How do you feel about it? Do you regret making your decisions based on feeling alone?

What is your experience with love? Does your Solar plexus know what's up? Have you found out through experience that your gut feeling was right? Did you honor that feeling, or did you ignore it?

• Upvote 1

Great question , Tessa! Yes, especially when it comes to relationships gut feeling is always right ! at least for me. Just think about it : if the person next to you doesn't look/smell/taste appetizing , do you really want to "eat" him? )))))

Unfortunately there are those who would eat whatever you put on their plate. This is why their intuition/ gut feeling is covered by their own ignorance.

When it comes to other day to day situations, gut feeling always shows up for me too, even if it's in a form "i can't make a decision right now" or if i am not focus enough , then something usually happens  (cup breaks, for ex.) to get my attention. 

2 hours ago, Tessa Rae said:

What is your experience with love? Does your Solar plexus know what's up? Have you found out through experience that your gut feeling was right? Did you honor that feeling, or did you ignore it?

Usually yes. It would be great if i could "hear" it all the time. Maybe recognize is a better word. As i mentioned above different signs would start popping up out of nowhere to get my attention. I think living in a world full of distractions (parents know that very well) there will be always times when you maybe are not so in tune with yourself and ignore everything all together. Having a very close connected relationship helps a lot - if i fall out of tune, he is in the tune. And then we balance each other.

• Upvote 2

If this helps....

I'd say, trust in what you already know. There are clues, sometimes very obvious things that would be an immediate red flag for our boundaries and beliefs. Those feelings are throughout the body, depending on your focus and awareness. I feel the intuition flows all throughout the body, from head to toe. Hopefully one can decipher what their body is telling them and how it's conveying those clues as well. In my experience with "gut" feelings (these could be labeled the bad intuitions), i had a  sickly, off , sometimes "dark" feeling about a person, environment, situation, food, etc. 9/10 times I was right when i came back to analyze the situation with some help, even professional. I don't want to tell someone that that feeling is always right for them, however, just feel into it and use what you know and if it feels you need help, do what you can and believe to look for answers. They  are out there somewhere, hopefully closer than you know it. I can label the " good intuitions" the ones where you just feel drawn to a situation, or a person, or crystal, or food, yet don't know why--yet you feel attracted to it or them. These usually turn out to be very useful and enjoyable experiences. These are usually in the chest for me or head as inspiration. Sometimes as time goes on and things change--things start to become obvious what to keep and what to get away from. As for panic attacks, these are the emergency intuitions for me. This is usually when I am not paying attention to something important, or putting in too much energy into something that doesn't need to be AS important. And / Or I am more in the head like replaying bad memory or future negative projection than anything. (To be honest, that anxiety can be switched after some self work for inspiration and hopeful anticipation. That gut wrenching feeling will become jittery butterflies. Ultimately it's about becoming grounded, centered, and aware. There are tools and techniques that can help for this. Hope this helps whomever it applies to.

Edited by jamesis
improve
  • Upvote 1

My gut feeling is always right, if I don't do what it says, I regret it.  It seems to me to come from the gut, under stomach.  Some of my gut feelings, I don't know what the end result is yet, in other words, I don't know yet what they are telling me.  But I'm sure everything happens for a reason.  This includes love too, everything happens for a reason.  It would help along the way to remember that the reasons or end result is not always what you think at the time it should be.  You can't always see how everything fits together for a long time, but eventually you will see how everything fits together.  Trust your gut feeling and it will put you in the right place.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, J.Haney said:

I think its time you ban Tessa Rae. She's just trying to stir shit up. It is obvious that she CRAVES attention, everyone can see that and I longer feel like I have a safe space here. :|

What? For calling someone an asshole and later saying it was uncalled for? Way too extreme measures mate! This discussion probably suffices (otherwise please continue) to at least admit to ourselves that we have been wrong and be more careful in the future.

I too think that our first concern is to help somebody when he clearly states that he is an emergency. That thread did not deserve a Nobel prize that, nor did it came close to the standards that I have seen on this forum so far. The emergency scenario does not require a lengthy discussion on medication.

41 minutes ago, J.Haney said:

I think its time you ban Tessa Rae. She's just trying to stir shit up. It is obvious that she CRAVES attention, everyone can see that and I longer feel like I have a safe space here. :|

What? For calling someone an asshole and later saying it was uncalled for? Way too extreme measures mate! This discussion probably suffices (otherwise please continue) to at least admit to ourselves that we have been wrong and be more careful in the future.

I too think that our first concern is to help somebody when he clearly states that he is an emergency. That thread did not deserve a Nobel prize that, nor did it came close to the standards that I have seen on this forum so far. The emergency scenario does not require a lengthy discussion on medication.