Courtney

Skin care

19 posts in this topic

Hey this is a random questions, do you ladies or gents have anything amazing you use on your skin or something you eat for your skin I hate putting to much on my skin, with all the chemicals and things these days my skin start to feel very heavy easily,

All I use currently is cold pressed organic grape seed oil, which works amazing and I don't get pimples like I use to but I feel like I need something else, I almost feel like it needs to be from the inside out something skin nourishing to eat maybe

thank you 

• Upvote 1

@Courtney Organic.Coconut.Oil. That is all, lol. I use it to take my makeup off (works wonders), and as a bit of indulging loving kindness for my skin. It especially feels good to warm it in my palms, then apply it gently to my forehead when I've been doing a lot of meditation (3rd eye chakra love).

I also agree whole heartedly (whole foodedly?) with @Ana. Hydrating, and veggies are the way to go. Never be afraid to drink over 60oz per day, or even more, the human body is well over 60% water, and every time you exhale, you're depleting it of moisture! I sing over 15 hours a week, so I need it!

The spinal column alone has 33 vertebrae! :surprise-yahoo-emoticon: Also, for luminescent skin, healthy fats are a must (I see the grape seed oil in your post, so you've already got some healthy fats in your corner). Avocado is such a blockbuster. Yes, the fat content is higher, but it's all healthy fat! Your eyes and your skin will shine, indeed. :thumbs-up-yahoo-emoticon: 

p.s., omg. These new emojis. :loldog:

• Upvote 2

I find that a mask of honey and cinnamon, while i am lying in the bath is an awesome, pure skin rejuvenator. Naturally healing all that needs to be and as a bonus feeding me sweet indulgent smells and tastes at the same time, hehe. This mixture also mixed with some pure virgin coconut oil in some plain yoghurt is my special luxury health treat. Yum! 

• Upvote 2

Omg girls. you rock here! :5: 

@Stephanie Wintermute I love-love avocados! Girls, you have to try avocado mask!!! (avocado + lemon juice)

@Hope_vZ is right about honey. It is liquid Gold!!! If you wish add some milk to your bath for truly  Royal experience. Cleopatra was known for doing that. Also she liked fresh aloe vera gel :love-struck-yahoo-emoticon: 

• Upvote 3

Thanks ladies I love avocados and they are about to come into season again soon, they are so expensive at moment over $5 a avocado ppl have been !!!!! them from the orchards and selling them on the black market here crazy times people are avocado crazy hahah 

Best skincare is a healthy diet. 

High in healthy fats.

No gluten (if you're acne-prone)

Low in grains.

No dairy (if you're black, hispanic or asian). Dairy is totally fine if you have European genetics. 

The most skin issues/worst skin I've had were when I ate a vegetarian diet. 

Edited by YOD
  • Upvote 1

I know that people preach by the holy coconut oil, but I feel like it's too thick and dense for my skin. I guess it works wonder for the dryer kind.
I like cold pressed jojoba oil, though! Its texture is a bit waxy.
Occasionally, apple cider vinegar (organic, unfiltered, yada yada yada).

Edited by Johanna Forssén
  • Upvote 2

I have had to deal with an intense auto immune issue that affects my skin in a way that has to be dealt with a immaculate diet that I am still working out. So I have had quite a bit of experience with skin products. I can not at all use anything that isn't natural or doesn't have enough natural base. My favorite things are ; Manuka HOney (it's been used for centuries for healing) it's a bit expensive but definitely worth it, Rose Oil hydrating and smells so good and very good for the skin, Jojoba Oil,  coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, tea tree oil, Aloe , papaya , yogurt ..... Yes it kind sounds like a pantry not nessarily beauty list but that's how you know it's good . :5:

Edited by Olga-p
  • Upvote 1

@Olga-p Manuka honey sounds awesome I'm always looking at it in the supermarket but never pay it coz of the price but then again it's cheaper than buying cosmetics for the skin we are lucky here in NZ it's probably a bit cheaper you have convinced me to finally buy some 

• Upvote 1

When Alexander the Great died he wasn't buried right away. To preserve his body and stop the decomposition, he was placed in a tomb filled with honey :)

Speaking about dairy. It contains lactic acid -  boosts production of collagen! Used in many cosmetics as well.

I rarely consume dairy due to various reasons, including its pasteurization process  , but applying good quality  sour cream as your mask will give you that femme de porcelain  look! :5:

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Courtney said:

@Olga-p Manuka honey sounds awesome I'm always looking at it in the supermarket but never pay it coz of the price but then again it's cheaper than buying cosmetics for the skin we are lucky here in NZ it's probably a bit cheaper you have convinced me to finally buy some 

Yes , I have tried so many things and believe me they can be so expensive, but Manuka Honey is one thing I swear by :) you get lots of use out of it. 

2 hours ago, Garnet said:

When Alexander the Great died he wasn't buried right away. To preserve his body and stop the decomposition, he was placed in a tomb filled with honey :)

Speaking about dairy. It contains lactic acid -  boosts production of collagen! Used in many cosmetics as well.

I rarely consume dairy due to various reasons, including its pasteurization process  , but applying good quality  sour cream as your mask will give you that femme de porcelain  look! :5:

Totally same page about dairy :thumbs-up-yahoo-emoticon:. Good for the outside and that's it for me. 

• Upvote 1