Craig

forcing spiritual views on others.

9 posts in this topic

forcing spiritual views on others.

I would like to start this thread to see what the view of others may be on this particular topic. A friend of mine on face book is a vegan. I am finding that sometimes their opinion is forced on others , even making judgement , because they are not vegan. It also reminds me of the organization PETA . While I support the cessation of harm to all living things , to be so attacking of others whom do not understand your stance , does not make them bad. I can not control the thoughts of others , no matter what I do , I can only influence them. The best method is to set an example by being thoughtful and caring of your fellow humans. Judging and mocking or even separating ourselves is not going to aid in education or change .  Not all people will agree on all subjects , I say to allow others their voice , without judgement , and take it on and to understand that persons view without  putting them in a box. The same can be said about spiritual practices such as , you don't meditate enough , still focus on money , still have a closed third eye , smoke pot , drink beer , and so on .  Everyone has a different path , leading to the same place in the end.  So , now I accept others as they are, warts and all without judgement and things seem to just flow smoothly. Please tell us your view on this topic , I am interested.

• Upvote 3

This doesn't even show up in my reality, and if it does then I usually ignore it. Mature people fundamentally know that someone who doesn't want to learn or listen, will not take it in no matter what. So it just becomes common sense not to bother being forceful. 

However, there is a context in which being forceful with a spiritual "truth" is beneficial, and that context is when someone is seeking help yet is in such a low vibration and/or ungrounded that the only way to get through is to be forceful in some way. However you do that is up to you. Just watch Teal's behaviour in a workshop and you'll see why it's so effective, lots of psychics/indigo's do this. Messing with people and challenging them is a valid and well-proven technique.

It is also suitable in an exchange of information or a debate, because ultimately both are a form of "asking for guidance" so the invitation to be forceful exists, but again, how you use that forcefulness is up to you. For me personally, it's enough for me to state that the other person is wrong about X and lay out the reasons why/present a more accurate view.

I think having compassion for people like that always helps. If we take vegans as an example, forcing comes from a lot of overwhelming  pain behind it.

In general, people don't change people. People change because something has changed inside of them.

I believe every single person is capable of making good choices for themselves. Just because you think you're right doesn't make you or everyone happy. But those who happy  are always right :)

• Upvote 2

Good to see the response. I am not vegan , but I understand it all . I do not take any views too seriously , I have my own life . I am concerned for what may be described as blind faith. I have my own opinion , but am open to that of others. To help others with their spiritual path is important to me and sometimes people are so obsessed , they are blinded to the opinion of others.  Recently , here in OZ , we have been hearing how we are killing our GREAT BARRIER REEF. Local farmers have copped the blame , despite using good farm organic techniques. It is upsetting when some people here are so passionate about the reef and the land, to have foreigners with little knowledge come here and condemn us for living here. They should think of the fossil fuel burned on the plane coming here and so on . I remember many years ago , a PETA member named Linda Stoner , a tv personality , complaining about animal cruelty wearing a fur coat. They lost my respect then and there. She claimed it to be fake , but she missed the point. Any way peace and love to all , including greenies , hunters ,or what ever you do .

I was told I was a coward today because I would not have a closed mind on a subject. So I wish to ask Tealers of their thoughts. The topic is the recent women's marches and demonstrations world wide. Then there was the ongoing overflow of resentment and hate among st fellow humans on both sides. Here is my take on all of it , no matter the subject. If it serves as a distraction from your spiritual education and learning , it is just that , a distraction. This plays straight into the hands of the controllers , whom ever they are , and results in separation. This will slow or suspend the overall consciousness of the planet. Exactly what they wish to achieve , they know they can not stop it , so they wish to manipulate the process.  Very clever and sneaky on their part , and it is working a treat. You only need to look at a list of the distractions to begin to see the pattern . Crazy US elections , world war with Russia , or was it ISIS , asteroids going to kill us , planets with aliens who are going to wipe us out , natural disasters , can anyone think of any more. You have to give it to them for persistence.Doom and gloom is good business. I have today decided to stop using social media , the tv got turned off a while back , no mobile . See how that goes for a time. Are VEGANS plant murderers ? Silly I know but just putting it out there.

15 hours ago, Craig said:

I was told I was a coward today because I would not have a closed mind on a subject. So I wish to ask Tealers of their thoughts. The topic is the recent women's marches and demonstrations world wide. Then there was the ongoing overflow of resentment and hate among st fellow humans on both sides. Here is my take on all of it , no matter the subject. If it serves as a distraction from your spiritual education and learning , it is just that , a distraction. This plays straight into the hands of the controllers

You have to explain this further. If your own personal and spiritual growth should be our number one priority than why even care about what 'the controllers' say?
Of course our own spiritual growth is important but I thought humankind as a whole also evolves and responds to its wishes. That implies that you have to look at the world in its current state. Apart from that I agree with you that you don't have to have an opinion. The whole situation in the US seems to be so incredibly emotional to me, that normal reasoning wont help at all.

I simply hope that the US will have a big talk with itself about democracy. How can a two party system be democratic? How can it be called democratic when the 51% of the voters take all the votes for a state and thereby neglect the other 49%? Its system fails miserably at representing the diversity in the country.

• Upvote 2

I find it more interesting that you are focused on what your friend and others are doing than allowing them to do their thing and learn from it. If you take a step back and see, you are indirectly doing to your friend (and to the others you are describing) exactly what they are doing by saying that it's not okay for anyone to force their beliefs on anyone else. While there is nothing wrong with anything that's going on here, their path is different than yours, as you just said. Their path clearly includes getting some of that anger and frustration out, whether it be through discussion, or marches, or activism or writing, or politics or literally anything. Could it be done in a more productive way? Maybe, but that's not up for us to decide for them, and it's also invalidating them to tell them that their perhaps "militant" or uncomfortable-for-us beliefs aren't okay. They are angry and frustrated for a reason. Anger and frustration make us uncomfortable and lead us to believe that what they are doing is not okay, when that's not the case at all. But anger and frustration also lead to expansion, greater expansion than sitting in some cave and meditating your whole life ever will. They are right where they need to be. They aren't forcing anything on anyone (and neither are you), because it can't be done. If you feel that something is being forced onto you, it is a sign that you are being called to integrate a trauma, and to learn from that feeling. Perhaps that means seeing things, truly, from their side and opening your mind. Perhaps that means diving into shadow work. Who knows. But if you are feeling forced into something, that feeling is telling you something important that you don't want to ignore.

Edited by lightworker
  • Upvote 1

I was not forcing my view on anyone, but I was being judged for not following a certain belief. I am at ease with myself , done shadow work and then some, if you have been following me for some time you can read this. I am very comfortable in my own reality , it is when others try to sway you another direction which is of a lower vibration that concerned me . I was not judgemental , in fact the opposite , offering my limited advice on being present , not letting outside influences cloud your mind and hold back spiritual growth. Every soul has the power to express , what I was referring to was the , if you dont fit in this box , you are less than me attitude. This does not encompass forgiveness and compassion and a loving energy , as it separates us instead of bringing us together. Yes , I allow anyone s opinion and I listen to them . What I have noticed is the backward or lowering of vibration is gaining more and more power , spurned on by pointless bickering. It was , and still is , my view that these deliberate distractions  in fact have an effect on the overall consciousness of the planet. In this instance , because I am a man , the discussion quickly turned to gender difference. This is the thoughts of others , not mine. I have moved on , and no longer need to deal with such negativity. So , do you offer to assist , at the risk of exposing yourself to this?  My nature is to help , as has always been.  I  believe there is no right or wrong way to be a spiritual person at all , we all have different paths. What works for one , may not for another . I hope this clears things up , I have some trouble communicating in written form, always have.  Maybe it is just a vegan thing.

Got a very distinct message today , observe. That's it observe. I take it as to not offer my view ,but to simply observe. Listen I shall !