Siddy

Codependency

9 posts in this topic

Codependency

Hi Guys,

Are there any co-dependents here I can connect with? Especially those in recovery? I know I am co-dependent but I have no idea how to start the recovery or healing process.  I would also like to connect with others to talk about these issues. Would really appreciate any suggestions, whether it's books, videos or programs. Thanks!

• Upvote 2

Hi Siddy, feel free to message me I'm 23 years clean and sober April 1st and spent 15 years as a substance abuse counselor which included a lot of work with co-dependents and co-dependency. I am very co-dependent but much better able to deal with it now. I think Teal's YouTube videos are often very useful in dealing with all the stuff we carry around that needs healing.

On 2017-01-14 at 5:44 AM, Siddy said:

Thank you Trash! I will definitely look up the website:) and I will PM you pastor George:) Appreciate the response!

I can say the same thing as Pastor.  I'm also 23, turning 24 on the 6th of this coming July.  But yeah.  PM me anytime as well!

You could also get into Almine, Wisdom from north, infinite waters.  Even the countless people that have interviewed Teal.  They are very interesting and most times super accomplished people.

@SiddyI don't know how much i can do for you but i can always lend that listening ear as it were and give you what wisdom that comes from within or from another dimension.  I also give you fair warning that i tell it like it is sometimes but i do try not to sound mean.

Also, the display picture you use currently is so warming to look at.  it's like i can feel your energy emanating through it.

Edited by AbsoluteWave
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AbsoluteWave said:

I also give you fair warning that i tell it like it is sometimes but i do try not to sound mean.

You do do that, @AbsoluteWave, and I love you for it.

@Siddy, I left a 30+ years co-dependent relationship recently.  The most important source of joy for me is knowing my boundaries and honoring them.  My boundaries are just my likes and dislikes.  Allowing myself to like or not like something, and honoring myself by going for what I like and getting rid of what I don't like, has been the key to freedom.  

• Upvote 3

Codependant no more, is a good basic book.  

There are coda meetings in most countries. They also have online meetings, that can be attended from anywhere there is an Internet connection. 

Check out Byron Katie and Ross Rosinberg on YouTube. Teal Swan has a lot of excellent stuff too. 

Stick to your guns.

Practice saying no, without explaining why. When asked just say you have your resons. If asked further, just say you don't want to talk about it. It is a great way to get people to stop taking you for granted.  Don't worry about them getting pissed of. The ones that matter will stick around ?

Good luck. 

Remember that being rejected by narcissistic assholes that don't respect you is a great blessing ?

• Upvote 1

@AbsoluteWavethank you! That's kind of you to say :) the picture resonanted with me a lot too, that's why i chose it. I will PM you and thanks for the warning, i wouldn't expect you to be anything but authentic :) I am familiar with Infinite Waters and Wisdom from the North but not Alamine. Will look up videos. Appreciate the suggestions!

@Amazawa Yes, respecting my own boundaries has always been an issue for me. I do it sometimes but when it comes to certain situations I feel I don't have the right to put my needs above those of other beings and I need to work on that. I need to honor my needs and wants more. Thank you for your advice, it really is the ultimate source of freedom. 

@Vala I thank you for your words of support! I'm going to need it! I have signed up with CODa for online meetings and I'm waiting for my account to be activated before i can join a session:) I will also pick up Co-dependent No More. I really feel like i need to start from the ground up. Really appreciate your response Vala! thank you!

• Upvote 1