Redbeard

my sensitive super power ;)

6 posts in this topic

my sensitive super power ;)

My new super power would be my high sensitivity. Okay, I admit maybe not a super power like Spiderman has but it is fun to call it that way.
I have always known I have been more sensitive than most of my friends but recently this has gone through the roof and all my emotions have been 100 times stronger. This makes me very cheerful when I am happy, but some less happy incidents can make me curl up to my girlfriend as a baby monkey and leave me deeply upset.
These are just my own emotions being amplified without really interacting with people, but I also notice that I am taking up other peoples energy. In one instant I was in a store and 'zoomed in' on 10 people in a few minutes and each person made me feel a unique sensation in my body. That night I was very unwell. While the zooming in was very deliberate it also happens when I go out for some groceries, start to feel things and get very tired quickly. In some instances I didn't even finish my shopping list, because it got too much for me and I needed to go home.

Does anybody have experience with this? I would like to develop this ability further but at the same time I know that I need to learn how to keep everybody else outside and even when people rub off on me, how to get it off again. I want to give this new found sensitivity free reign and follow it without having to numb myself, which is what I have done for most of my life now.

Does anybody has similar experiences or knows techniques that help? So far I have found that I get very calm when I try to focus my thoughts and emotions on the place just below my bellybutton. I have tried to visualise a cocoon around myself when I am outside but that is not much fun and very tiring.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, walt said:

You are over extending your aura. Next time you are aware of sensing to much consciously bring your aura back in. It should only be a few feet from your body. I sweep my arms out and back in while telling myself to bring it back in.

I will try that next time, thanks! do you know what to do when you get affected by somebody else and want to get rid of it?

Outside on the street things are okay-ish but inside stores things are getting quite difficult.. I have also noticed that when I am in a good mood I am less susceptible, you know why?

Movement is definitely key when it comes to your aura, I've found. I have a few times over-extended my aura, sometimes gotten holes in my aura and experienced psychic attack, and other times just wanted to clear built up energies.

So what I've found is most helpful is doing movements in the direction of whatever you're trying to accomplish!

For example, If I feel bombarded by other people's energies and I want to have my own energy be seperate from it, I will wave my hands around in a sort of 'polishing' motion around my body to patch up my aura. This helps me any time I feel like I could use more distinct boundaries or feel myself meshing too much with the energies of other people.

If I feel an entity or energy is clinging to me, I will do motions to bring it out. So if there's like a blob of grey in my stomach, let's say, I'll move my hands in a way so that they'll be on either side of my stomach, palms facing each other, and start to energetically move it out, by literally grasping it, and tossing it. Then maybe after getting it out, I'll feel like patching up my aura (like mentioned above), then I'll feel like adding something in to replace it... so I'll charge my hands with yellow light, and bring that in. 

If your aura is overextended, I become consciously aware of where it is, how far it goes, etc. and then imagine it moving inwards... I may get my hands and guide it inwards until I feel like a separate person again.

I'm sure you get the point by now! It's actually quite fun to move in any way that feels good ^-^ in fact, moving through life in a way that feels good is the best way to have a strengthened aura, though it can be easier said than done. ;) 

• Upvote 1

I'll keep it simple because I think it really is simple:

1. Grounding. Sensitive people should make conscious efforts to ground themselves very often. Many should do this constantly in the beginning.

2. Teal has an interview titled "Advice for Empaths" on YouTube, it is 40 minutes long and it will solve the "empath question" entirely. She also has a much shorter explanation of this in a video titled "Teal's experience in China" (or something like that). I recommend watching both. She also has videos about psychic protection, boundaries and psychic vampires which are also useful.

• Upvote 1

Gosh you guys, I am very thankful to read all your wonderful answers! I find your answers very helpful @Tessa Rae @Kroge @Mark Joseph Middleton @walt. It has been quite bumpy for me the past month while figuring this all out and having to deal with it. While I feel okay-ish when I am alone, going outside still is a hurdle. Luckily I don't have much work related things at the moment so I can take my time. As this came up only recently I still have a lot to discover and experiment. Thanks for giving me the first heads up and advice.

On 13-1-2017 at 10:28 AM, Tessa Rae said:

Movement is definitely key when it comes to your aura

On 13-1-2017 at 7:44 PM, Mark Joseph Middleton said:

I sit down in meditation and sense the areas of my body bent in (for want of a better word). I have to do this every morning in my current environment its like washing only I am cleaning the etheric body of the junk caught in it.

It is so cool that you say this! Being sensitive about others means that I am also more sensitive about myself, what I want and need, and movement has been one of the first to pop in there for me. I am also noticing that I keep doors and windows open more and more, the fresh air is good.

I think your two posts are in essence the same and that is good, that means it works :) You say that a lot of it boils down to exactly feeling where there is 'damage' and then to push it out or clean it up. I feel like I really need to practise this, while I feel sensations easily in my body they are somewhat rough and I am not experienced in sensing my auric field. So far my training has been mostly vipassana meditation: body scans and focussing on my breath. I guess this really means daily practise to integrate it in a good way.

On 13-1-2017 at 9:40 PM, Kroge said:

2. Teal has an interview titled "Advice for Empaths" on YouTube, it is 40 minutes long and it will solve the "empath question" entirely. She also has a much shorter explanation of this in a video titled "Teal's experience in China" (or something like that). I recommend watching both. She also has videos about psychic protection, boundaries and psychic vampires which are also useful.

What I found interesting about the video how Teal mentions to go completely immerse yourself into other peoples energy, while most other sources on the net talk about protecting yourself. I will need to dig a lot deeper but thanks for mentioned the videos, they are worth it!

• Upvote 1

Yes Teal's approach is the total opposite of what almost the entire new age community would say. I can tell you from personal experience as a very sensitive person that it works.