TheJAG0

Is sacrifice needed in order to suceed

3 posts in this topic

Is sacrifice needed in order to suceed

Ever since I was little, I always remembered people say over and over that Success is built on handwork, sacrifice, and tenacity. 

But, theres an aspect of myself that believes sacrifice isn't really needed at all , since there is always a better alternative.

What does everyone else think? 

If it feels like sacrifice you should change your job. There are so many people on the planet with so many things to offer. I think we should all try to do what we are good at or feel good doing. I don't believe in this sacrifice bullshit. I used to and I still seem to feel the need to try it again only to learn, once more, that it is total bullshit ☺

That aspect of you is closer to the truth. The whole concept of "sacrifice" is a very, very, very old one and also very flawed. You can sacrifice if you want, but in reality you don't have to sacrifice anything if you don't want to - but the trick is figuring out what you do and don't want. Isn't that why most people are so stuck? They're confused as to what they do and don't want, so the whole idea of "sacrifice" in the mind of such people is a subversive trick.