lost

What is your favourite word in the English language?

17 posts in this topic

sonder

n. the realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own—populated with their own ambitions, friends, routines, worries and inherited craziness—an epic story that continues invisibly around you like an anthill sprawling deep underground, with elaborate passageways to thousands of other lives that you’ll never know existed, in which you might appear only once, as an extra sipping coffee in the background, as a blur of traffic passing on the highway, as a lighted window at dusk.

n. the profound, individual realization that each person you meet is living their own life, that each person has their own world fitted with their own personal worries, pains, pleasures, ambitions, routines, etc. The same as yourself, in a sense, but also as intricate and as different as could be imagined.

n. the idea that there are millions of stories happening all at once, around each other, oblivious and contained from one another.

• Upvote 1

On 1/9/2017 at 8:16 PM, lost said:

What is your favourite word in the English language?

Mine is "serendipity"

I like that word too. Didn't really know what that was until I saw a movie "Serendipity "))

• Upvote 1