Sign in to follow this  
Blaze35

How to deal with overwhelm? Is my life falling apart?

4 posts in this topic

How to deal with overwhelm? Is my life falling apart?

I submitted a question to Ask Teal with the same title.

Overwhelm is to drown in impressions and information to the degree where you freeze up and don't move forward.

I don't know if 'overwhelm' best describes my question, but it's like I feel stuck, stagnant, frozen and confused, unable to decide in which direction to go.

I have a very clear goal that I want to achieve, but I don't seem to make any progress, and I begin to feel incapable of making what I want happen. What else can I do? I already tolerate a lot of stuff that I hate.

Overwhelm is not only like, 'this is out of my control,' but 'I am frozen.' And I begin to doubt myself. Is my life falling apart?

I feel like my experience is a blend of different, mostly negative, stuff that I can't identify. It's blurred and muddy. I feel lost. I don't know if overwhelm is actually the core of it.

I feel like these internal, emotional states hamper my growth and expansion and ability to create what I want. This must be resistance.

My question is: 'What do you do about all of this? Where do you find resolution?'

I want to move again and see the potential paths I really want to explore, but I am afraid and don't believe that I can be supported if I do what I want to do and truly make the jump. Like I am no expert and can't contribute anything valuable. My ideas are too controversial. My visions are too radical and far-fetched. Thus, I withhold and never expose myself. Essentially, I am frozen.

This goes deeper, but the question is like: I feel all of this stuff and am overwhelmed. How do you deal with it?

Can people relate to this? I wanted to elaborate on my question on the forum and get the ball rolling, like the Ask Teal site suggested. Thank you for reading this.

Also, in spite of this, I continue to feel optimistic about 2017. This will be my year of change. Because if I fail to achieve my goal then whatever... I won't care very much about very much anymore.

• Upvote 1

I relate to you and support you on your path. Although I don't have a solution for either of us, at least I can let you know that I am going through the same thing. At least we can know that we are not alone in our pain.

• Upvote 1

I know the feeling, but usually for a small time only as I can often get deeper to the most important problem. Writing about things works best for me as I need to think about my words and therfore what is important and what not.

Sometimes I meditate on my problem, sometimes I go deep, sometimes I stay more superficial but ask my intuition for an answer. Teal talks about this quite often in her videos, how you should close your eyes focus on your breath for a while and ask yourself the question you think is important. It has also helped me to visualise myself or my shadow self and talk to him. Questions like: "why are you causing me problems?" and "where shouldI start?" keep these things simple, so tat the first answer is a good one. It often happens that you start to make it complex which makes you doubt more, at that point the rational mind kicks in and you get 3 extra answers and a bigger mess..

Sometimes I get some coloured pencils and draw my frustration away, usually just nonsensical blobs of colours, but assigning colours to my problems and frustrations help as an outlet.

Today, I dived a little deeper.

I now faintly recognize some great internal resistance within myself and how I find it difficult to commit to something fully.

Perhaps overwhelm is more like feeling overthrown, polarized, torn.

Edit: I have also become sick once again.. I used to take pride in my physical health.

Edited by Blaze35