Casey

Resisting Thinning Hair

12 posts in this topic

Resisting Thinning Hair

I've hit a wall and feel defeated. I have extreme resistance to my hair thinning and I need help with how to release. 

My hair has been the only thing that has made me feel beautiful as a woman. So this is quite traumatic for me. 

It's not so bad now but I can see it progressing. I've started taking iodine, homeopathic pills, aloe juice is on its way and fenugreek is soaking. 

Has anyone had success in dealing with this? What helped you release resistance? There's not a real in depth video out there or article about the cause of the symptom. 

@Trash  I took your advice. I imagined myself and I cried. It was a deep loss and a loss of my sense of self.

I cant say that I finished the completion process but I feel better. I also felt led to stop using oils on my scalp and to let my gray hair grow out.

And the best one was to use my hands and symbolically pull the hair up to the root so it can break free and be allowed to grow.

This has really put me in an empowered state and I feel now that even tho I was worried and scared it will all be perfect.

Thank you for your advice and guidance!

Hi there,

As a fella, there may be hormonal influences as well, but I figured it might be worth it to chime in. :)

As ashl_ey suggested, Teal posted an excerpt about hair loss a while ago: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlMRKvZEuI0

I haven't tried her remedies (I found shaving my head to be the most liberating experience) BUT it helps to take a look at areas in your life in which you are being extra hard on yourself.  I know for me, this helped to illuminate an underlying fear of failure that I was not seeing.  I can't say it necessarily helped my hair (as I mentioned, I shaved it) but I can say that it helped reduce a lot of anxiety and I have begun to find ways to change that thought spiral and think more empowered thoughts - and give myself permission to fail. 

If you struggle with this type of thought spiraling as well, Teal has a wonderful video on mistakes I have also found helpful.  A key ingredient for me releasing resistance was giving myself permission to be imperfect - there is no "right answer, and you can't get this life "wrong."  For you, it may also help  to find other ways in which you find yourself beautiful (inside and out) and which imperfections help to make you the beautiful person you are today (for example, maybe you had a rough patch in school but it served to redirect you to a better field of study, etc) to see how imperfection is still helpful and still beautiful.

Hope this helps, if only a little! :)

-Coyote

• Upvote 1

Hi Casey,

I mentioned in the post about Thyroid health that you may be experiencing the symptoms of hypothyroidism as a secondary outcome from extreme stress. When the adrenals are tired and the body has been fighting with stress for prolonged periods, the thyroid chimes in to take over the work from the tired adrenals. If stress persists, the thyroid then becomes tired and dysregulated, and the hair can become loose, etc. (as per your symptoms on the thyroid post).

I'm a Holistic Nutritionist and would be happy to work with you to locate the root cause of the problem. You can bounce back from hair loss as a woman. The key is being dedicated to the resolution before it becomes too late. I have no interest in trying to "gain you as a client," I just know how you feel and would like to help you with some sound advice, which is difficult to do without knowing the full picture. 

Do you think you suffer from prolonged exposure to stress? Do you have trouble sleeping as well - like waking at 3am and not being able to go back to sleep? If so, I can recommend some things that can help you with sleep so that your body can start to feel more rested. 

It's excellent that you're working with The Completion Process.  I'd love to help you more in a more comprehensive way, nutritionally if you're interested. When looking to correct these imbalances, it's important for the person helping you to get the full picture, before recommending too much.

If you don't want to work with me, that's cool. You should book an appointment with your Doctor and have them run a full thyroid panel of tests, including testing for thyroid antibodies, to rule out Hashimoto's Disease.

Best of luck

• Upvote 1

@naturelover No, I would love to work with you. I live in southern Utah. Ive been wanting to book with someone for awhile and was planning on it when I got back home to Oklahoma in April. But im defiantly open to email.

Sleeping, yes. I do wake up in the night very often. It started back in February. Ive also been taking melatonin almost every night for 2 years but I have now stopped. I noticed my hair thinning in October of last year. I would say its become worse but only in the past month. Ive been using a natural hair dye for 8 years now and I think that has something to do with it (I started going gray at 21). I have decided to let my gray grow out now though.

I had someone tell me to use a natural bristle brush on my scalp and then shampoo twice, and condition with therapeutic products to help remove oils. It worked for him about 25 years ago. I think it could help but I know there is a deep rooted issue. I also ordered the book-feelings buried alive never die. It was recommended highly.

Let me know where you want to go from here, how much the fee is, etc. Thank you for your help!!!

Casey 

Hello,

I am 28 years old and have this problem, as well. I know adrenals are at play but I don't know how to help eliminate stress. I think my stress is so high that my body is producing cortisol and adrenaline at the expense of my other hormones, as I have not had a regular menstrual cycle in two years. I would also love to work with you if you have experience in balancing hormones naturally. My hair loss coincided with going vegan...which I believe is the best diet, but I'm not sure why I am having such problems. I have tried eating meat again, and it doesn't help.

My email is jaclyn.bousquet@gmail.com, hope to hear back from you!

Gosh... very sorry to hear you are going through this. As a woman I completely understand . 

Yes. Thinning hair is a problem. 

Do not give up!

Fight for your hair as much as you can so you have less regrets later.

Personally I don't have this problem but I do have thin hair. I am jealous sometimes when looking at different hairstyles (like braided ones) because i don't even have a half of the "material " for that, lol

I get anxious and might yell if my hair gets trapped or accidently pulled too quick . Have to learn to hold it when getting into the car and not to close my hair with the door. If you have long hair like I am, beware of the wind.... because this is how the hair can get where they are not suppose to which can contribute to the overal hair loss.

So instead of focusing on the amount of hair I choose to focus on the quality of it. The health of my hair. Also I know I can always use extensions if I have to.

How is the overal health of your hair? Are they soft and shiny?

• Like 1

if you'd like send me your email i'll send you the video of Teal talking about hair loss i saved it to my comp as it's also an issue i'm dealing with also =/

On 11/3/2017 at 4:32 AM, Melo said:

if you'd like send me your email i'll send you the video of Teal talking about hair loss i saved it to my comp as it's also an issue i'm dealing with also =/

Please, @Melo, send the video to me, too! I've been losing much hair since 3months now.. Can't find the video you mentioned.. ona.anna@gmail.com 

Edited by Anna Ona

On 11/5/2018 at 10:21 PM, Anna Ona said:

Please, @Melo, send the video to me, too! I've been losing much hair since 3months now.. Can't find the video you mentioned.. ona.anna@gmail.com  

Just sent it! =]