BrendanJ

My partner loves me but cannot find it in her to be intimate with me?

3 posts in this topic

My partner loves me but cannot find it in her to be intimate with me?

My marriage partner and I are both on a spiritual path however when it comes to making love she doesn't have those feelings for me?  We have 2 wonderful children and have a very happy home.  We are a great couple to the point where intimacy come in.  She has now said she cant try anymore and is asking for a divorce?  

• Upvote 1

Hi BrendanJ,

I feel for you, your marriage partner and two children. Have you and your partner gotten counseling? Sometimes that can help, especially if its a communication issue. Since you mention issues "making love", you may wish to seek out a sex therapist. Of coarse, if she is not willing to try anymore, she may not be open to counseling. But perhaps she would be open to counseling if she sees it as a way to have a friendship with you, and continue to raise the children together better.

I would also suggest checking out Teal Swan's video on Polyamory. The problem may not be so much of something about her, or about you, but rather just not having matching needs when it comes to "making love". Which, actually does not have to be a problem necessarily if you are both open to a polyamory relationship. I think there are many types of intimacy, and "making love" does not have to be a part of it for the marriage to work if both people adjust their thinking about what it means to be married, and how they will otherwise choose to meet some of their needs.

I wish you and your family all the best! - Aaron

Polyamory - Teal Swan -
https://youtu.be/wI3IwhON8IY