Elenazev

I need some advice

3 posts in this topic

I need some advice

Hello everyone :)

So my mother and I have always been subjected to conflict with each other throughout my entire life. We have never related to each other completely and have always been on a completely different page. But we made it work and we still love each other very much. 

After my awakening however, which has been an intense ride since it began three years ago, our conflicts have increased in number, becoming a regular thing and a greater rift has been formed between us. I can feel how my vibration is raising on a regular basis, and as it continues to do so my mom continues to stay grounded in her low vibration. But we continued to make it work, through all our ever-increasing difficulties until yesterday.

Yesterday, I dropped the bomb and could not contain the things I had been feeling towards her for all the recent months I've kept silent (in order to keep the "peace" between us).  I attempted to explain to her our problems and what I truly feel. Naturally, she became extremely self-defensive and kept repeating that I was criticizing her. I understand how it may seem that way. But she exists on a completely different level of awareness and mentality than myself and so she cannot grasp the things I try to tell her, let alone my point of view. I won't get into details. But to make a long story short, that whole argument we had yesterday had a serious emotional impact on me and has changed my view on things. And yet, she continues to go on with her life as if nothing has happened while I am completely aware of the emotional turmoil she's experiencing.  She is in an even darker and more negative space now.

The bottom line is I wish she could just change. I know my words cannot change her - I only serve as a catalyst. How, how, how though, can I somehow raise her frequency enough so that there no longer needs to be this split between us, this increasing polarization that is occurring?? I love her very much and I feel it is crucial, especially now, that she embark on this awakening journey along with me. I know I cannot do it for her though. I am very confused. I ask for advice from anyone who is willing to share anything! 

• Upvote 1

Sounds a lot like co-dependency to me. You can't do it for her and until the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of the unknown change she will stay the same. You are enabling her to stay in the same place emotionally be being willing to "hold your tongue and keep the peace"as you say. You have to live your life and let her live whatever life she chooses. You can be a good example of how much better awakened enlightenment is but she has to choose and she has to change. Leave thing around for her to see hear or watch about awakening and enlightenment, introduce her to others who are in a higher plane they can lead her when you cannot but she has to want it if she doesn't just go ahead and live your life, love her but your path is not her path. She must find her own path. Alan Watts, Baba Ram Das and other older teachers may be more her speed. If you love her let her go her own way. That's what you want from her is the freedom to find your own way!

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Pastor George said:

Sounds a lot like co-dependency to me. You can't do it for her and until the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of the unknown change she will stay the same. You are enabling her to stay in the same place emotionally be being willing to "hold your tongue and keep the peace"as you say. You have to live your life and let her live whatever life she chooses. You can be a good example of how much better awakened enlightenment is but she has to choose and she has to change. Leave thing around for her to see hear or watch about awakening and enlightenment, introduce her to others who are in a higher plane they can lead her when you cannot but she has to want it if she doesn't just go ahead and live your life, love her but your path is not her path. She must find her own path. Alan Watts, Baba Ram Das and other older teachers may be more her speed. If you love her let her go her own way. That's what you want from her is the freedom to find your own way!

This was definitely something that kept nudging me inside, so now I'll fully embrace it. Thank you for clarifying that :)

• Upvote 1