RaresJucan

Maybe you need a friend

13 posts in this topic

Maybe you need a friend

Guys, the more conscious I become, the more lonely I am. But I decided I would not talk about that in this post so much.

If you need a true friend, here I am. I have so much love to offer. I know how hard it is to trust somebody. I know how separated people have become.

But give me the chance to hear your story. Give me the change to be there for you.. 

• Upvote 5

Thank you guys so much for your replies.

So... a little more about me. I am a Pop Performer/ Songwriter.. or better put I try my best to make it as that. I am 22 and I've been through a lot by now. I don't necessarily like to use terms like awakening, but to me becoming more conscious is a result of deep suffering as in the case of most people I guess. It's very hard to sum it up, but the best way to say it I think it would be: "Life taught me what unconditional love means by making out of my mind the worst enemy to myself".

I live in a small town in north-western Romania, Europe where people - and especially those of my age - are very unconscious. And this makes it very hard for me to interact with them since I developed completely different habits of living already. Basically, I'm very very very lonely.  

Edited by RaresJucan
  • Upvote 4

Thanks for the bio. I'm 67y/o who left home at 17 to go to sea. I spent my 18th birthday in the North Atlantic on a tanker after a Florida State teaching scholarship because i knew i had to get away from my family. I ended up in Oregon a year later and went to college at Portland State University for 6 years with no degree, I grew my hair long and experimented with lots of alternative stuff like living in communes and sharing open marriage while out west. i eventually returned home to Florida where I retrained as a Paramedic and eventually managed an ambulance service on the Florida coast. I flamed out and after getting down on my knees and getting healed I went back to school again ended up as a drug abuse counselor and pastor of a church. That was 23 years ago April 1st. I became disenchanted with the hypocrisy in the churches I served and while listening to Ram Das and meditating I stumbled on Teal Swan's YouTube videos. She was so in touch with the things i had learned for myself while working as a drug counselor, I fell in love with her teachings. So here I am. There are some very conscious and aware people in the church but many more are lost and deeply suffering and others who use the church as a smoke screen for being deeply disturbed and abusive. I'm honored to be able to be your friend. Be Blessed, and be a blessing.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pastor George said:

I grew my hair long and experimented with lots of alternative stuff like living in communes and sharing open marriage while out west.

Well I like that this topic is quickly becoming a 'let's get to know each other' conversation.  George, would you mind telling us what the open marriage was like? Did it work? Would you prefer it or not? 

Hi @RaresJucan.  Welcome! With the intention to connect with others I think it can become your reality.

Edited by Millie
  • Upvote 2

I moved in with a couple and another woman. It was a very complicated though interesting dynamic. I later married the wife while her husband and the other woman moved out and lived together so we became two couples. Being in a relationship is hard but being in a relationship with more than one other person is harder if for no other reason than  the relationships increase geometrically. If you have two people A and B you have A to B and B to A. If there are three A, B and C then you have A to B, B to A, A to C, C to A, B to C and C to B. With four people  its easier to draw a square with bidirectional arrows in six directions. It was an enlightening experience but not a sustainable one. I learned alot about myself and about the other people involved but it took a lot of emotional energy.

• Upvote 2

Hi! I'll be your friend. I'll be all y'all's friend!

@Pastor George very interesting story! I grew up in a small Lutheran church and have always wondered what it's like to be a pastor. I imagine it's very interesting. I was told women can't be pastors by my male pastors, which I realize now is more a prodcut of culture than any fact, but I HATED to hear it because I could physically feel my body saying "this isn't true at all", the argument was always "women are too emotional to be leaders" which is hilarious, as if because women are more (culturally) free with our emotions, men don't have any. This way of thinking makes both men AND women look terrible and completely demonizes our emotions as if they are bad! I always admired women like Deborah in the Bible, all of the incredible biblical women from Bible stories. I also admired Joyce Meyer, Ester Hicks and now Teal, who I see more as a big sister than someone to follow. 

Edited by lightworker
  • Upvote 1

You are so right. Women are becoming pastors and education is moving away from its hierarchical model to a more egalitarian one. No more "sage on the stage" much more "guide on the side". Like Teal not lecturing but helping people find their own way! You do the same thing. Letting people be themselves then helping them see how much better they can be.

On January 2, 2017 at 5:04 AM, RaresJucan said:

Thank you guys so much for your replies.

So... a little more about me. I am a Pop Performer/ Songwriter.. or better put I try my best to make it as that. I am 22 and I've been through a lot by now. I don't necessarily like to use terms like awakening, but to me becoming more conscious is a result of deep suffering as in the case of most people I guess. It's very hard to sum it up, but the best way to say it I think it would be: "Life taught me what unconditional love means by making out of my mind the worst enemy to myself".

I live in a small town in north-western Romania, Europe where people - and especially those of my age - are very unconscious. And this makes it very hard for me to interact with them since I developed completely different habits of living already. Basically, I'm very very very lonely.  

I'm very lonely too.

What's it like in Romania? Do you speak Romanian? I find it to be a really beautiful sounding language.

hello everyone, I resonate deeply with the struggle of being lonely, it's been one of my main negative imprints in life.

I can tell you a bit of my life story and share some of my experiences :)

When I was in middle school I started feeling deep loneliness and a huge disconnection from people. I was bullied and isolated. I've spent the majority of my adolescence either alone in my bedroom or in company of people I didn't even like.

Then I've met some erm, friends, with whom I've spent most of my university period. We didn't get along that much but at least I felt like I had people in my life.

What's been the real game changer was going into my 'worst' negative feelings first, and then applying teal's completion process to my main isolation traumas. After processing those deep core emotional wounds things started to get amazingly better. Attracting new people in my life, the right ones, it's becoming easier and easier with time , intention and practice.

When you've cleared out some of your shadows I would search for groups in your town that share your similar interest and passions. Facebook groups are  working for me, but any kind of social media or website like this forum will do if you can't find people in your immediate sourroundings.

You're not alone. we're in the same boat, together. Don't lose hope, even if it's really tough. HUGS from Italy!!

• Upvote 2