Casey

Thyroid Issues

10 posts in this topic

Thyroid Issues

I haven't been to the dr for this but im positive I have a thyroid issue. Does anyone know anything about the root cause of this? Or has anyone else dealt with this before?

My symptoms are-low energy, numb hands, thinning hair, unable to lose weight, brain fog, trouble sleeping occasionally, anxiety, skin issues.

Maybe its all trauma manifesting in different ways...idk.

I agree you should try to get to atleast 200 mg Iodine every day that helped me a lot. 
It can be physical causes in this case like radiation dunno where you live but many people near the area where the chernobyl accident happened have problems with it for example my mother had her thyroid removed some years ago because of knots that might have something to do with it. Well and any kind of radiation in general could cause issues with the thyroid and here again iodine helps against radiation aswell.
I live in Germany where the most surgerys worldwide are done on the thyroid and this is in my opinion linked to the low iodione levels everyone has around here.

Edited by LaucherJunge
  • Upvote 1

@LaucherJunge on what do you base your dose of 200mg? It seems quite a lot from what I read.

Iodene can become toxic if taken into high dosages so please be aware of the side effects so you can intervene timely. @Casey so please do your research

http://www.lifeextension.com/magazine/2011/10/The-Silent-Epidemic-of-Iodine-Deficiency/Page-01

"Dr. Abrahams recommends taking 50 mg of Iodine/Iodide as Lugol’s solution (8 drops) daily for 3 months as a loading dose. Lugol’s solution is available online at varying concentrations. Then his recommendation is that dose should be gradually reduced to the 12.5 mg (2 drops) maintenance dosage under the supervision of a knowledgeable health care professional. Dr Abrahams feels that 14 to 15 mg. of iodine/iodide daily is the upper maximum of safety for long term use. This is close to Dr. James Howenstine’s (another prominent iodine advocate) recommended dose of 12.5 mg daily." as quoted from http://drsircus.com/iodine/iodine-supplements-and-dosages/

Edited by Redbeard
  • Upvote 1

Oh sry i meant  200 μg not mg. It really depends on what you take because if you take pills its usually the same as for vitamines that your body can only take a small part of it into your system. The daily need for the body is at about 200 μg some people might take in a good half of it in their foods but again this really depends on the country and person. The dosage where it becomes unhealty should be somewhere around 13000-15000 μg so i doubt that you can find 200 mg anywhere it should be obvious that i meant 200 μg.

Edited by LaucherJunge
  • Upvote 2

Hi Casey,

When the thyroid goes out of whack, it is often a secondary cause to untreated stress (adrenal burnout). I would recommend booking in to see an Nutritional Therapy Practitioner if you are in the US, or a Naturopathic Doctor, so that you can understand your condition more fully.

I wouldn't recommend supplementing with iodine, as it can be like adding fuel to the flame.

Take a look at your chronic stress (if applicable).

Best of luck

• Upvote 1

I recently went to see a naturopath who encouraged me to eat three times a day with 12 hours between dinner and breakfast in hopes of resetting my thyroid. I'm waiting on bloodwork. So I also checked out teals recent threat chakra video and I've had a rash on my neck or three days lol coincidence? 

Dear Casey,

I would see a doctor before taking any supplementary's 

I am working with my thyroids a few years with severe issues. first I would look at  

T3, free hormone ,• T3, total ,T4, free hormone , T4, total , TSH

Thyroglobulin auto-abs , Thyroid peroxidase auto-abs , TSH receptor auto-abs

before doing something wrong.

and then maybe after consulting a doctor to have some of these checked as well.

Don't play with your thyroids and let them not removed without investigating all possibilities before.  

I managed to get them back working again after total failure and small tumors. 

Gamma-GT,  Alkaline phosphatase , Iron, Transferrin, Transferrin saturation Iron-binding capacity, Ferritin, Urea nitrogen,  Creatinine, eGFR (MDRD-formula) Potassium, Sodium

Red blood cells , Hemoglobin, Hematocrit, MCV (mean cell volume), MCH (mean cell hemoglobin), MCHC (mean cell Hb. conc.), Red cell distribution width, Platelets, White blood cells

Glucose, fasting, Glycated hemoglobin, Glyc.hemoglobin, HbA1c (IFCC)

light and inner freedom/ L.F.

• Upvote 1