Sign in to follow this  
Pastor George

Driving to Guatemala

9 posts in this topic

Driving to Guatemala

I'm thinking of driving from Tallahassee, FL to Panajachel, Guatemala in March and maybe on to Atenas, Costa Rica. Possible side trips to visit ruins and other points of interest or friends and family. Would prefer a fluent Spanish speaker. Anyone want to join me or caravan? More details by request.

Edited by Pastor George
more info
  • Upvote 2

I just said 'Guatamala', out loud in a spanish accent. Rolling my arms like they were waves. Then I looked around to make sure no one saw. All the best for your trip :)

• Upvote 2

The latest update on Guatemala is that I may be able to fly down with a church group and get things set up before trying to drive through Mexico with a caravan of Gringos! More to come. Come see me in Tallahassee before i go if you want to get acquainted. Always room on the couch for one more.

• Upvote 2

gOT A CALL FROM A FRIEND OF MINE WHO LIVES IN pANAMA cITY bEACH fl . hE HAS DUAL CITIZENSHIP in Costa Rica and US! Speaks fluent Spanish and was excited about going to Panajachel!

• Upvote 1

Actually no. I've never been back there in almost 40 years. I never had the desire until lately. I've even asked my aunt (who lives out there) to send me links for some property out there. 

The weather out there is perfect and the soil is rich in nutrients, so many fruit trees! And avocado trees everywhere! 

? sweet memories...

• Upvote 2

I'm flying to Guatemala March 11th-22nd with a mission team from my church. The team will be providing free dental care and building houses for a poor Guatemalan family. While there I am planning to explore the community of people who live there from the States (ex-pats) and the various intentional communities in the area around lake Atitlan. With your help I will be able to stay in Panajachel after the team leaves and do healing and drug abuse counseling with the ex-pat community and even visit Teal's new center Philia in Costa Rica. But I can't do it without you. Please visit my crowd funding page "Recovery Ministry goes to Guatemala" on Generosity. Be my sidekick or partner and ride with me via a closed Facebook page where I will be posting pictures and videos of my travels. Namaste

• Upvote 2