Zitkala

Power of Now Vs Completion process

4 posts in this topic

Power of Now Vs Completion process

I'll start off this topic by saying I'm confused. After viewing teal's video on spirituality 2.0 and on the basis of "running into the storm" by that and her book which share the same line, I understand that this means to be with and immerse yourself in these emotions and to bring them unconditional love etc.. However this is, to me, seemingly the opposite of Eckhart Tolle's- The power of Now, which in its core really dictates "becoming the watcher" and to what I can only interpret as staying out of your emotions and keeping in the Now. Teal In 2.0 states that this sort of method will only lead to the abandonment of your emotions and the now.

Spirituality 2.0 video

These two spiritual teachers have lead me to be confused, not knowing my path to take. Ultimately I have wanted to achieve 3.0 and can see it is easiest through Eckhart and The power of now- but I fear abandoning my emotions and contradicting the very thing I had set out to do.

What does everyone here think is better and will lead me (and others) down the right path.

• Upvote 1

I am not sure if the two are mutually exclusive as I am not familiar with the texts. What I get from your words and Teal's work there is quite a similarity in practise:

When you run in the storm you consciously let the emotion hit you; you invite it in so to speak, which means you are conscious of what is happening the whole time. In other words you are feeling your emotions but also observing them.

When you are in the now you are simply observant of what is happening at the moment, which could still mean that you start to feel that you need to cry. Because you are conscious about this, ie. you are observing it, than you could decide to dismiss that emotion or to let if go on. I suppose that Eckhart Tolle would mean that at that point you let the emotion run its course, which is quite similar to Teal's 'run in the storm'.

Teal does put quite some emphasis on emotions in her work, but that doesn't mean that the completion process is not a conscious process and therefore observant

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 1:31 AM, PROFIT said:

Do not dismiss Eckhart Tolles work just because you can't grasp it. The power of now works with emotions, observing emotions as they come. You don't avoid emotions, its the complete opposite of numbing yourself. 

Thank you. So either way I am still integrating my emotions and not running away from my emotions as I presumed from observing?

Edited by Zitkala

I think its a case of "not either/or but of both/and" that is even though creating your own reality and getting what you want seems to contradict embracing the pain and learning from it you can do both while developing the "watcher" or executive function of the mind. All of these techniques are useful for different aspects of our development at different moments.. No hurry we have a lifetime to explore these things. enjoy the ride!

• Upvote 1