LaraBerg

When your heart and mind has different opinion

8 posts in this topic

When your heart and mind has different opinion

Dear friends, what would you do when you have to do something that you don’t want to do. The thing that I have to do creates  much emotional pain and confusion in me. But I have to do this because I’m responsible. I have to act against all my feelings, my dreams and wishes. But I don’t see a better way to solve the situation. My intuition is silent, it does no show a better way to deal with the problem. The Universe is silent, too. I try to act according to my responsibility, but every move creates pain and frustration.

I’ve been waiting for years to find a better way out, and nothing changed. Now it seems that there is time to take a very hard decision and jump into the unknown, even though I don’t want to jump. Is there some other angle I could use to get a new perspective?

So, what do you do when there is a conflict with what you want to do and what you have to do?

Sometimes we have to do what we have to do so we can do what we want to do. i know in the mundane world I try to do the hard or unpleasant tasks first. Wash dishes clean house etc before the fun stuff. Makes the fun better, purer because I'm not feeling guilty for putting off the other.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Pastor George said:

Sometimes we have to do what we have to do so we can do what we want to do. i know in the mundane world I try to do the hard or unpleasant tasks first. Wash dishes clean house etc before the fun stuff. Makes the fun better, purer because I'm not feeling guilty for putting off the other.

Yes, it's easy with small daily tasks, but when you have to do something big... something that will probably change the course of life. If I had a feeling that i'm doing the right kind of thing. Too much confusion. Too much uncertainty and fear.

• Upvote 1

try to gain the connection to your higher self so you can differentiate between brain and your higher self always communicating with you. The ego can even build up this idea of a heart but its not the actual heart, its the brain creating this idea, but there's no actual proof the heart(higher self/soul) is talking to you, its just you trying to intellectualize the idea of the heart. The heart or soul are your emotions, at your core its your higher self/source and after that are all these fractured aspects of you, like this aspect of me hates when people swear, this aspect is afraid of creating and being criticized, and those fractured off aspects are what make you think you aren't good enough or what you have to share isn't important because somewhere along the line you did experience someone telling you to shut up and your art is crap or whatever it is. Emotions are like that aspect of you expressing through your current body, age means nothing, all it means is you have a lot more layers in this life, but those kid aspects are in everyone fractured off, people afraid to feel, but when  you feel those fractured off aspects of you that experienced trauma are sort of set free and it doesn't bother you anymore, you moved past the original trauma where that feeling came from. hopefully that makes sense.

• Upvote 2

If you feel responsibility then it sounds like you signed up yourself for it prior wanting to do something else. I think it is perfectly fine to change our wantings. Maybe you have someone else who can help you with what you're doing, or otherwise find a different approach to your own situation and see how it might benefit you as it is.

• Upvote 1

Hello!

I see it this way. You brain has been conditioned that this is what you should do and think because you were socialized and your heart doesn't want to do it.. that sounds like your intuition is cross wired. There is always a valid reason why we feel like we feel or act like we do. I would practically find someone else to do the thing you feel that you are responsible in doing or trust that it will solve itself some other way if you just leave it (if it is possible). I am sure the completion process would work on this, but that's not something i can advice you on and i hope someone else can help with that!

Much love to you!

• Upvote 3

Thanks everyone for responses. You gave me a little bit of a different perspective. The situation hasn't changed, but I took a pause to give myself some time. Pause is not the best solution, but I don't see any other way right now. Thank you dear Teal's people. 

Will it make you grow? 

Who is saying that you have to do this?

If you go with your emotionwill it hurt someone? Whom will it hurt and how? 

Can you share the responsibility with someone? 

You are welcome to send me a private message if you need to talk about this.