Diego

Ideas for an intentional community.

6 posts in this topic

Ideas for an intentional community.

I want to see suggestions and ideas on how, when and where can we start creating a community of spiritually aware people where support each other and give help to the ones searching for answers. An idea of where it should be is either Costa Rica because there's already a place there where Teal and other spiritual people gather and because its surrounded by nature or New Zealand because its the most far away from the big countries where a war can take place. Of course I know that a war this magnitude could get to any place on earth but at least that's a place where there's not a struggle as it is in other places. I just want a place where we can follow our joy an be around with other people helping to create the new world.

• Upvote 1

Shouldn't an intentional community be in the heart of a country at war? Then we could intentionally try to help the people who are suffering the most in real time. Inspire them to keep on living and have a reason for life when all hope seems lost.

• Upvote 2

I think its great to build community in CA or NZ, but we can gather like minded souls together where ever we are. My wife and i lice on 2 acres west of Tallahassee on Hwy 20. We call ourselves Recovery Ministry Community and have been helping people with recovery for a number of years. Our model is not for everyone but it works for us. We Live across the road from Lake Talquin State Forest and 4-5 blocks behind us is Apalachicola National Forest.

• Upvote 2

I have found a small hotel for sale in Atenas, Costa Rica. It was/is an intentional community but they were apparently not able to fulfill their dream. Anyone interested in helping to build a healing community there? My area of expertise is drug abuse counseling but I am open to all sorts of alternative healing, spiritual and physical. We will need some creative financing and of course we will want to coordinate with Teal's Philia center that is also in Atenas. I see Atenas becoming the new world center for spiritual healing and peace.

• Upvote 1

On 12/26/2016 at 4:09 AM, Pastor George said:

I think its great to build community in CA or NZ, but we can gather like minded souls together where ever we are. My wife and i lice on 2 acres west of Tallahassee on Hwy 20. We call ourselves Recovery Ministry Community and have been helping people with recovery for a number of years. Our model is not for everyone but it works for us. We Live across the road from Lake Talquin State Forest and 4-5 blocks behind us is Apalachicola National Forest.

I live in California and I have also been wanting to move to new Zealand. The prospect is overwhelming though... For me any way.

In what state are you located?

I am in Florida. If you are overwhelmed look for a group who's gooing. Maybe we need to for a group here to help prospective travelers. There are some on the internet. ic.org was helpful check out work exchange programs for internships.

HelpX has a lot of good listings.

• Upvote 1