Elenazev

What do I want in life??

7 posts in this topic

What do I want in life??

Lately, I've been seeking out my potentials and striving to rediscover my gifts, talents, passions, etc., anything that will help lead me to my purpose.  This is currently my ultimate goal. I don't wish to continue living a life where I don't enjoy the things I'm doing and not make any kind of impact on anything. But the problem is, I really don't have much of a sense of what I want! What do I love? I feel this sort of indifference stirring inside me, like I really don't care  what I do or what I want. It's like there is no inner motivation or external incentive to get my act together.  This has really been bugging me, but I've been trying to come to terms with it.

But now, within the past few days, I've been feeling crazy anxious. I'm not the type to worry too much, but these days it's like a constant anxiety for the future. The more I think about how stagnant my life feels, the more anxious I get. I just wish I could know more of what I truly want! Some things I do know I desire are two very typical things: money and travel. I do love writing and drawing. I love helping people (however there is a deep-rooted fear of socializing simultaneously). I love nature. I WANT to figure out what I want! How have you folks discovered your passion/purpose? I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who are in the same boat as me... I take that back, I KNOW so :) 

Edited by Elenazev
  • Upvote 5

Hey, 

thanks for posting this! I think it's very brave. I am in a similar boat to you. I just quit my job, got rid of most of my possessions, and moved into a temporary place.... I have nothing holding me back. Just myself. 

I too, do not know what I want. Well, like you, I want freedom, and not necessarily money, because money just buys us what we want.... But a way to take care of myself, my dog and my cat, and to just be free. My only caveat, is that I just want to be left alone. 

I'm not trying to hijack your thread... I wanted to show some support to you, I know I don't have much to offer in the way of advice. However, listen to Teal, she talks about so many wonderful things. I started with her "fuck law of attraction" and I literally fell in love with the words coming out of her mouth, and the energy with which she speaks them.   

I wrote a list of things that I don't want. This helped me some... But I think at the end of the day, it's okay that I don't know what I want, I'm ok with that now, today. I think I'm going make some art, and listen to some inspirational speakers....  

i would highly recommend Teal's spirituality 2.0. Made a lot of things clearer for me. Maybe it will for you too.

Best wishes to you,

drea 

• Upvote 3

Teal has videos on YouTube like:

How to discover what you want

What is my purpose in life

*Discovering your negative imprint, discovering your purpose in life (really like this one)

Happiness is the purpose of your life and here's why

I always have moments of I don't know what I want, but then after watching the negative imprint one, I realized that intimacy is my purpose (or close to it) I would like more than anything be a mother someday and I struggle with a fear of intimacy.

But the video called how to discover what you want would probably be the best thing for u to watch first. She talks about how people who don't know what they like or don't like be able to find a sort of purpose and knowing.

How this helps! ?

• Upvote 2

We have this pressure to do what society tells you to do, but it isn't a correct design, you're supposed to do what you love and your purpose comes out that way. I recently started respecting my boundaries and I will not be around people I don't like(it comes off rude but I think conditional love is annoying so fuck it, I dont care.)  I just found out my path and I'm finally giving myself permission to do what I love and leave the people who make me feel this shame for not conforming, I assume everyone is that way and that's the standard, so I can never reach their standard(love), but that isn't true, and their "love" isn't even the real thing. Everyone has a different life theme, like completely, so just worry about what you want, that's what everyone is supposed to do. There really is no limit, your entire body can change, whatever you want. If someone out there is doing what you love whatever that is you can have that too. You have to listen to your higher self(emotions) though. you can't get the answer and go ask a friend to confirm it so you can do it, your higher self already gave you the answer don't listen to other people, that connection is all you, and everyone has it, but they ignore it. 

• Upvote 1

Teal has a video on getting in touch with your feelings it's great. In our society we are told, trained not to show feeling and so we begin to become numb. Let yourself feel and express those feelings honestly and openly. You Elenazev know what you want travel, write draw. There is a market for travel writers and you can self publish on the web! Travel writing can help others overcome their fear of traveling and meeting new people. I'm thinking of driving through Mexico, visiting friends in Guatemala and maybe continuing on to Costa rica. Would you like to join me? Speak Spanish?

• Upvote 1

Thank you all for your warm and encouraging replies! They have all helped me in different ways. But the collective message you've all drawn out is simple and very true: follow what makes you happy and don't listen to anybody else, go in the direction of what you love. I will continue to remind myself of all these things. It's only a matter of time... and we'll see what the new year will bring. It will be a very wild year! 

On 12/25/2016 at 9:00 PM, Drearocks said:

Hey, 

thanks for posting this! I think it's very brave. I am in a similar boat to you. I just quit my job, got rid of most of my possessions, and moved into a temporary place.... I have nothing holding me back. Just myself. 

I too, do not know what I want. Well, like you, I want freedom, and not necessarily money, because money just buys us what we want.... But a way to take care of myself, my dog and my cat, and to just be free. My only caveat, is that I just want to be left alone. 

I'm not trying to hijack your thread... I wanted to show some support to you, I know I don't have much to offer in the way of advice. However, listen to Teal, she talks about so many wonderful things. I started with her "fuck law of attraction" and I literally fell in love with the words coming out of her mouth, and the energy with which she speaks them.   

I wrote a list of things that I don't want. This helped me some... But I think at the end of the day, it's okay that I don't know what I want, I'm ok with that now, today. I think I'm going make some art, and listen to some inspirational speakers....  

i would highly recommend Teal's spirituality 2.0. Made a lot of things clearer for me. Maybe it will for you too.

Best wishes to you,

drea 

Thank you, Drea. I know there are a great many people out there who feel the same way as us :) 

• Upvote 3