Rahul Johar

Donate a kidney or not?

5 posts in this topic

Donate a kidney or not?

So my moms old friend just asked my mom is she could donate her kidney to her because both of hers have failed, she has no other donors atm and the waiting list is too long. Not the mention that she's offering a LOT of money  for this (Seriously, like a fuck load) and my moms kind of on the fence but she's willing to do it, her doctor says it's safe and so have some other people i've asked. Any perspectives on this would be great, especially if you have any experience/knowledge on the subject.

No money will ever pay off what your mom is willing to lose. Health is one of the most important things you can ever have although i admire those you can do what she is considering . Tbh as a mother myself i would rather not do it for a friend - i have a husband and a son and they would be my #1 choices for something like this. Life can be unpredictable. 

As far as my knowledge on this subject - i had seen the affects on the body from both kidney failing. It affects the entire system. Mostly heart. 

Dr. Moritz had written books about it. Search his youtube channel. I remember that he was able to  help his mother - she survived  kidney failure  had lived 25 years after that.

• Upvote 1

I would definitely not do something like that unless I felt extremely compelled to and sure about it. Wouldn't care about becoming filthy rich.

Fyi, it is not lawful to receive money in exchange for organs anywhere in the world except for Iran. But for what it's worth, you can buy a black market kidney from an impoverished Filipino for about $1,500 USD. You can check out the documentary 'Tales from the Organ Trade' to learn more.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Beyonce said:

Fyi, it is not lawful to receive money in exchange for organs anywhere in the world except for Iran. But for what it's worth, you can buy a black market kidney from an impoverished Filipino for about $1,500 USD. You can check out the documentary 'Tales from the Organ Trade' to learn more.

The legality of it is not really a concern, but thanks.