pete89

Hard to make friends

2 posts in this topic

Hard to make friends
Hey everyone,

I've been wanting to create this thread for a while now.

I'm in my 20s and have found it a challenge to make friends, especially here in Melbourne, Australia.

I was a loner in primary and high school and only have 1 friend left from school. When I turned 17 I was able to make some friends outside of school. I was born in Melbourne.

In the last few months I've been to a lot of social groups and have made some friends. Been making progress.

I find it a lot easier to get along with and meet foreigners than other Aussies. I have no issue with foreigners but there are cultural and language barriers. I want to meet more Aussies and make more Aussie friends but it's difficult for me. Has anyone else had similar experiences or have any advice on anything else I could do?

I'm posting this thread so others who are in the same boat can share their experiences and suggestions.

I did a lot of traveling in my 20's and I found ut useful to get involved in activities that i cared about and let the friendships develop from there. What are you passionate about? I'd rather have one or two friends who shared my passion than many who didn't really get me. That just made me feel more isolated.

• Upvote 1