Dream4713

New Empath

12 posts in this topic

New Empath

Hi Everyone

I am new to the world of being openly an empath. Most of my life I have been effected by other people's energies and emotions, but  have try to fight through it. Whoch mostly ended in misery. I have just recently embraced what I am. There seems to be doubt in my mine though that I don't really possess the skills to be a true empath and am just stuck absorbing and reacted to every energy that passes by. How to empaths work on their skills without being open to other's negative energies and emotions. I seem to be more effected by negative energies. Would anyone have any resource for the newly  embraced empath? Or and contacts for mentors?

Thank you!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I agree with Walt. Your negative aspects are being triggered and that is an invitation to work on yourself to overcome this negativity and integrate it into an integrated whole. Being able to feel others negativity helps you reach out to them and help them process their own past traumatic experiences. But beware, feeling others negativity  without being aware of the source of your own can lead to a codependent relationship that is not healthy for either of you. Feeling sorry for someone and trying to fix them is the opposite of feeling someones pain and pointing them in the direction of helping themselves.

• Upvote 2

Hi! 

I can totally relate to you and i used to also let the negativity and negative energy of people around me seep through my skin. Now when i feel that kind of vibration, i wonder if it's mine or theirs. Most often it is their baggage, their problems, their gripes, I just happen to be standing next to them when they unleash it. So i say, when someone is being rude, negative or critical or exuding that attitude, vibe, think about whether what they are saying has any bearing on your personal truth and then decide whether to take it in or toss it in the trash. For example, if someone calls you selfish for something you did, honestly think to yourself whether what you did was in selfishness or self love, or something else altogether. More often that not, it's their perspective. I think it would help if you watch Teal's video " Energy Vampires". I wish you luck! it is totally possible for you to be less susceptible to the negativity around you. I'm not saying it won't hurt once you do. coz we're empaths and the momentary pain of picking up the negative energy is part of our DNA but if you work at it, it will only last a second and you will be thinking to yourself "this is not my crap" and moving on. If it really is a trigger you won't be able to do that. Then you have to go inward.

Yesterday I was in a big store with lots of people with my girlfriend, while she went on her shopping spree i just stood there and tried to energetically connect to people, allow me to feel what they are feeling. I was surprised how easily I felt different parts of my body when I focussed on somebody else. My stomach would turn, chest would tighten, feel my fingers, pain in my ears, heavy pain on the back of my head to name a few of the things I felt. This is quite new to me and I wonder what these sensations mean. Can I link a specific sensation that I 'get' from somebody to a feeling, trauma or thought or anything?

I know I have always been quite sensitive, but since a while this has been present times a 100. Even a simple meditation can leave me with heavy pains sometimes and I am not sure if I will do the excercise from yesterday anytime soon as I was very tired, bordering to being sick, when I got home.

• Like 1

moving over what it means being an empath (for each of us) and what does that entail and responding to this:

On 12/18/2016 at 6:15 AM, Dream4713 said:

Would anyone have any resource for the newly  embraced empath?

my resource is my experience and I'll share my findings with you. now you trust it or you don't, that's up to you. (use the empath skills to feel into it, ok?)

I'll start by saying that the empath is not supposed to analyse what they perceive and do something about it, they're just conduits for it to pass through.  

On 12/18/2016 at 6:15 AM, Dream4713 said:

How to empaths work on their skills without being open to other's negative energies and emotions. I seem to be more effected by negative energies.

- if you judge energies as positive and negative, you'll naturally tend to accept and reject/resist certain energies. that kind of processing everything in order to filter it in good and bad feels like doubt. if you can at least intellectually understand this principle, this will tone down the doubt out of fear and you'll get some clarity. 

- an empath feels in the field, so what is perceived is not borrowed/inherited/absorbed/taken on from the others into the empath, is just in the field and they sense it.

- it's like any sense. before being given eyes, we didn't bargain that we only want to see beautiful things with them, no? what kind of seeing would that be, anyway?

- because is like any other sense, where you focus your attention is your choice, like how you can focus on someone's voice in the middle of music and other people talking.

and as a final advice, don't hold on to it, don't analyse it, don't describe it to yourself (whatever it is you perceive), because all those get the mind involved and defeats the purpose. just let it flow through guided only by where your senses bring your attention.

embraced empath is one who allows themselves to feel indiscriminately. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Negativity is perhaps one of the biggest challenges empaths are faced with. 

It's not easy. If you have any spots in your aura, heal them. Having spots in your aura makes you susceptible to the influence of others. Practice the habit of mindfulness every day and it will grow your will to protect yourself the negativity of someone else. 

I found that this website is a great resource for empaths. 

Edited by hallucinogenic

The way you heal and protect yourself is the same process for everyone.  You have to establish safe boundaries. that could mean only inviting friends to be around you while you're learning to hone in on your skills or it could be actively telling people what your priorities are and if they can't meet them, then to leave.  you need to honor the aspect of yourself that feels vulnerable and to not put it through hell.  eventually, creating boundaries will become so natural that your life will feel very safe.

• Like 1

To begin, practice some self empowering images that are also an energy protection from other energies. Visualize a white orb of energy around you, it shines like a bright new light bulb. If you try to feel it, it's warm to the touch and feels comforting like a hot bath. Let the feeling of comfort take over your body, slowly breathe it in. May feel like warm bath water being absorbed. You may also want to take a small nap. It helps renew your energy. Also simply stating that the negative or positive energy isn't yours can help the subconscious not take it in as your own. Hugs and loving light! ?

Edited by Yessi
Misspell

I knew is something wrong with my sensory system is like the needles always jumping over the market scale, but never thought this is some kind of  ^condition^ already got a name,

today I've picked video for Empaths How To Take Back Your Power by Amanda Flaker which I found very good pointed tips

https://youtu.be/zfHUbXLo_VI

does anyone more found it useful?

On 12/17/2016 at 8:15 PM, Dream4713 said:

New Empath

Hi Everyone

I am new to the world of being openly an empath. Most of my life I have been effected by other people's energies and emotions, but  have try to fight through it. Whoch mostly ended in misery. I have just recently embraced what I am. There seems to be doubt in my mine though that I don't really possess the skills to be a true empath and am just stuck absorbing and reacted to every energy that passes by. How to empaths work on their skills without being open to other's negative energies and emotions. I seem to be more effected by negative energies. Would anyone have any resource for the newly  embraced empath? Or and contacts for mentors?

Thank you!!!

Hi there,

I’d highly recommend you do a quick online search for Dr Judith Orloff. She has a book called ‘The Empath Survival Guide’ with plenty of great tips on how to protect your energy from being drained by other people and environments. She also does private consults too, so you could reach out to her if she resonates.

I’m an empath too and have found this book to be very helpful. 

Hope this helps. All the best.

Edited by kc7777777
  • Upvote 1

On 12/17/2016 at 11:15 PM, Dream4713 said:

New Empath

Hi Everyone

Thank you!!!

Hello Dream4713,

I too am a New Empath. I would say that I realized this no more than six moths ago. Although I may not have much in the way of wisdom and advice, I did want to drop a line to let you know that you are not alone. In my experience, I absorb energies related to the emotional struggles that I am dealing with personally. At first, I could not even distinguish which emotions belonged to me- were they mine or were they of a co-worker, or someone else? I also pick up on the emotional contagion in a room or building.

I can only share what I have been doing to get by. I tend to take many bathroom breaks when I am moving towards emotional overwhelm. I ground myself with visualization meditations in the bathroom. I take a moment to see if the "extra emotions" I suspect to have gathered have dissipated. The remainder of the emotions are usually mine. At that point I can deal with them there if I have the time or I simply acknowledge them and try to address them after work or when I leave the situation.

I don't want to advocate suppression of emotions and or ignoring them. I do know, however, that in a practical sense, sometimes I can't deal with the emotions linked to my shadows in a 5 minute bathroom break. So, acknowledgement and a self-commitment to revisit emotions is how I manage to get by.

In the short time that I have accepted my empathic abilities, I too have doubted myself immensely, but more so, because I have not always had the ability to cope with the sensitivity. Since then I have had many incidences that have caused me pain (break-up, parents divorced, family passing). To be honest, I have not faired well in any of these situations because I not only pick up on my sadness, but the sadness of others, and then I start to "entrain" with the people who feel pity on my situation. I have had a rough time an even suffered a number of panic attacks that have sent me to the emergency room.

I don't say this to scare you or worry you in any way. I'm sharing this so that you know that I completely agree with you and to let you know that there are others, at least me, whom are having some difficulties getting by with this type of hypersensitivity. 

I hope you find some benefit with me sharing this. I don't profess to know at all what I am doing, but I felt compelled to share with you.

Best wishes and thoughts from me to you!

Good luck fellow Empath!

Ramses Rodriguez