Collide

scared

7 posts in this topic

Guest EvenStar

Well, it is scary to quit your job when you don't have another job waiting for you. 

Sometimes we like the job we have but it interfers with other priorities we have.

Sometimes our health is being affected negatively by a demanding job we like.

yeah, quitting a job is not easy thing. Many things to think about and consider. 

• Upvote 2

i quit. took a week off. all messages i got were all the same. 911, 49, 999, 128, 9911 together with reassurance. my heart feels good about it

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Ana said:

and earn enough to pay a credit card debt.

I paid off 3 major credit cards when I was 25yr old, then I got rid of every card that I owned. 40 years later I could not be happier, I do however have a debit card but I can't use it unless I have money in the bank, my balance is never over $1.00.

ps,

my wife stashes cash, so we are never really broke.

GOOD LUCK

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Ana said:

I quit mine, almost one year ago.

It was one of the best things I did. I've always liked to be alone but I needed so much all of this time and space for me. 

I simply followed what I had been feeling for a long time. Not well, because I knew I had to change and I wasn't. And my emotions guided me perfectly.

Recently I found a job in a cruise line. It's good in all senses for now. I wanted to travel (something I really love), meet people from all over the world and earn enough to pay a credit card debt. I don't miss any payments but I pay a lot every month and I want to pay it once and for all. Above all, movement is in my blood; I really need to go away for a while, every now and then.

I'm excited for a new adventure! I will start in September.

That's so exciting! I was looking into ship careers last winter, but I'm moving in another direction for now. ;) I hope you have a blast and get to see everywhere you've wanted to. I know how brave you need to be to quit a job that isn't serving you. Good for you, @Ana. Looks like the bravery is paying off! 

• Upvote 1