Odetta

The Ultimate Catch 22

3 posts in this topic

The Ultimate Catch 22

Hello again.

Still doing the completion process but I had a realization about myself and I need some insight on how to possibly rectify it. 

I have no idea who I truly am because all my life I have been acting to avoid rejection.  

The Catch 22 is:

How am I supposed to discover who I truly am and accept and love the real me when I can't love and accept something I don't know?  To love yourself is to accept who you are genuinly, yet to be genuine you have to love who you truly are.

I'm stuck in a never ending cycle that seems to have no solutions. 

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Meditation; its not what you think. You are overthinking this problem. You are not your thoughts, you are not who you think you are. Stop thinking and allow your awareness of yourself to sink below your conscious mind to be come aware of the person who feels the rejection, who longs for acceptance, who hurts, and who feels the joy of acceptance, who feels the peace in silence and who knows what can't be expressed in words. You are the divine spark living within this earthly body experiencing what it is to be. So just be. Be the child within; hurt, sad, angry, hungry , happy, playful all that and more. It's ok to feel rejected but not to be rejected. You are not what you feel or think, but a beautiful wondrous child of the ultimate universe growing into an experience of the universe who became you. ENJOY!

• Upvote 1

Hey Pastor G, 

"You are not what you feel or think, but a beautiful wondrous child of the ultimate universe growing into an experience of the universe who became you. ENJOY!"

Absolutely beautiful words and truth!

• Upvote 1