Tanka

Feeling shit

7 posts in this topic

Feeling shit

Hi Tribe,
I’ve been going through quite a few changes in my life recently, most of them very positive and I generally managed to manifest everything I planned for in the last year.

But there are a  few negative things that persisted, that I don’t know how to deal with and I’m just so exhausted of living with them.

First problem I’m experiencing is never feeling happy about how I look, specifically about my weight. I just don’t feel comfortable in my skin even though I’m not overweight or anything like that. I don’t fit the image of how I want to be and I’m constantly not happy about it. I tried convincing myself that it’s okay to be the way I am now, but I can’t. I just don’t believe that. I know it’s such a classic issue, but I can’t help myself. I feel like jumping out of the window is much easier than dealing with it.

Another big issue for me right now is that I can’t find another freelance job. I’ve literally been looking for one for a few months now.. There are no external reasons why I wouldn’t be able to find one. I thought that maybe I don’t want to find one, tried working around that. I’m honestly so lost on this one that I can’t even give any details because I don’t know what’s true anymore. :( 

Posting this makes me feel like I'm a failure but at the same time it's the only place where I can admit to something like that and don't be seen as a damaged good. 

I tried helping myself but I just can't this time, and I don't have people who understand at this point. I feel awesome one day and think about death the next..

• Upvote 4

there is nothing wrong with your body. People have different body types and nothing is wrong with those body types its just on the human spectrum, it isn't ugly or unattractive, its just a body type. TV and movies use certain body types and we think everyone looks that way or should look that way because it was programmed in us just watching TV. Brad pitt that is his body type, some guys no matter how much they work out will have fat on their stomach(no six pack)  this goes for girls too. society gives you pressure to reach this body that isn't yours, but you want to change because you want another body type, but nothing is wrong with your body type, or anyone's body type. If you could see everyone naked(not in a perverted way) you would see all the body types and it would be normal, they're all fine. Body types vary like races, nothing is wrong with a certain race the same way nothing is wrong with a certain body type, its just on the spectrum.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Alex7 said:

there is nothing wrong with your body. People have different body types and nothing is wrong with those body types its just on the human spectrum, it isn't ugly or unattractive, its just a body type. TV and movies use certain body types and we think everyone looks that way or should look that way because it was programmed in us just watching TV. Brad pitt that is his body type, some guys no matter how much they work out will have fat on their stomach(no six pack)  this goes for girls too. society gives you pressure to reach this body that isn't yours, but you want to change because you want another body type, but nothing is wrong with your body type, or anyone's body type. If you could see everyone naked(not in a perverted way) you would see all the body types and it would be normal, they're all fine. Body types vary like races, nothing is wrong with a certain race the same way nothing is wrong with a certain body type, its just on the spectrum.

Thanks, I wish I could just make it my subconscious belief. Part of me is trying to be logical about it but another part of me doesn't believe this logic. I hear you just can't force myself to start living like that. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Tanka said:

Thanks, I wish I could just make it my subconscious belief. Part of me is trying to be logical about it but another part of me doesn't believe this logic. I hear you just can't force myself to start living like that.

I understand, but outside of your perspective you look fine is what I'm saying. the ego sometimes holds on to what it considers is absolute "truth" when that isn't the reality at all, but to us its very true and real.

Edited by Alex7
  • Upvote 1

Teal's suggestion for anyone that feels stuck is to let go of trying to change things.  It really works for me.  Instead, dive into the emotion that are coming up.  Face them and understand why they are there.  They are your best allies; not your enemies.  If traumas exist, go back and resolve them.

Then, everyday, just focus on feeling a little bit better.  Do things that make you feel better. Let go of things that don't. Step by step, you will be led to a life that you truly want to live.  That's how it worked for me.

• Upvote 2

Hey @Tanka ! I think the completion process will work wonders for you! Everytime you feel bad about your appearance use it as a signal to put all your focus on the sensations in your body and be present with them. I know, this is the hardest part. Just remember that your body loves you and have the best intentions for you, and some part of you is just trying to get your attention and care <3

• Upvote 3

I want to tell you this, try to stop  judging  yourself for who you are, the source made you this way as a piece  of creation, a piece of the source itselves.

You have a great body, it can walk, talk, see, hear, enjoy food and nature and so on.

Don't try to live up to an image in your head, just live.

Edited by Lightpower