Meesh

Health issues and veganism

17 posts in this topic

I feel trepidation to speak to this issue on this thread because I know Teal's views around food. I want to give the disclaimer that I WANT to and WISH for a vegan lifestyle and spent a year in my 20's doing just that. 

So... I have some chronic intestinal blockage/ elimination issues associated with vagus nerve/low back pain issues. Ive had this for 30 years (im 35). I was vegeatarian for 7 years in my early 20's and was chronically sick. I had a cold monthly and my intestinal issues were more extreme then. I started eating meat again, and taking bone broth soup as well as no wheat (since I was 20) and very little dairy. I am wondering if anybody has experience with healing around this type of thing? I only buy organic, pasture-raised. But I would like to eat no meat at all. And no dairy either. I have weak peristalsis and sometimes need alcohol to create elimination. I live off well water and spring water in a very clean environment. But I feel very torn and would love guidance. I've been to chinese medecine doctors who say I need meat because my constitution is cold. Any wisdom from experience or guidance is welcome. thank you.

• Upvote 4

I think most health problems are psychosomatic and it starts with emotion first, but food definitely helps. I really don't think milk is good for us, the idea is like we drink milk from another animal? eggs seem okay if they are organic or if you know someone with chickens get those. Your body will tell you what it can and cant have the more sensitive and in tune you are with it, for me my legs get anxious and  that tells me I can't have that food. Meat is more dense, so you have to eat a lot more when you are vegan. You can always supplement, I sometimes eat natto, that has vitamin k, if you are vegan supposedly you lack vitamin k, so I eat natto occasionally. I add sea moss to my juices, it has 92 minerals out of the 102 that the body needs. I just realized I eat bugs sometimes, kale sometimes has little bugs in it. If I listen to myself the vegan diet is good for me, I don't crave meat at all, I'm not forcing myself to eat this way, its just how my body likes to eat. If meat was offered to me id pass, I don't want any. If you want to eat meat once a week or something its fine a guess, but its your body at the end of the day, it will talk to you and be accurate over a doctor or anyone, we aren't taught this, so we have to relearn it, but your body will tell you, and you can even ask it questions. A lot of health problems are subconscious.

• Upvote 5

Why do you wish for a vegan lifestyle? I was told, that any food you eat, if it takes longer than 3 hours to move from the stomach sack. It is not good for 'you'.

• Upvote 3

When I first started eating vegan, I used cronometer (a free website) to track the amount of nutrients I was getting to see if my levels were good. Do you make sure, like 100%, to eat nutritionally balanced? Do you get blood work done? If not, definitely get blood work done to see where you are at and what you might need. I did this after I had been vegan for a few months and my nutrition levels are perfect. This might be TMI, but I poop 3 times a day since going vegan. I thought there was something wrong with me at first and then I realized that this is how it's supposed to be because there is no rotting animal secretions or animal flesh inside of me that is blocking me and slowing me down. Animals get all of their nutrients from plants, so there is nothing in meat that you cannot get from plants and if you are not getting it, it's more than likely a nutrition issue. The whole 'you need meat to survive' thing is mostly an excuse from people who do not know how to eat a nutritionally balanced, plant-based diet. Most doctors are not well informed about nutrition, and the ones who are know that eating meat is unnecessary and even detrimental to a healthy lifestyle. You are what you eat. Even eating 'grass fed' or 'organic'  animal products, you are still eating the vibration of suffering.

I highly suggest getting blood work done or using cronometer for a week to see what nutrients you might be lacking, and if you need help or information on going vegan, feel free to PM me :)

• Upvote 5

22 hours ago, nuia said:

Why do you wish for a vegan lifestyle? I was told, that any food you eat, if it takes longer than 3 hours to move from the stomach sack. It is not good for 'you'.

its great advice and ive found more trouble with vegetables moving through without meat then with... i think my stuff is more complex then most people. I was a vegetarian for 7 years and had a lot of troubles. I've been searching for answers for 15 years and tried many diets... maybe this is a question for Teal at a workshop ;)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Meesh said:

its great advice and ive found more trouble with vegetables moving through without meat then with... i think my stuff is more complex then most people. I was a vegetarian for 7 years and had a lot of troubles. I've been searching for answers for 15 years and tried many diets... maybe this is a question for Teal at a workshop ;)

Have you tried pro-biotics? Those million little helpers may aid in your digestion. Honestly though, do what is loving for you.

• Upvote 2

On 12/12/2016 at 5:00 PM, Meesh said:

It is a good workshop question, and I would recommend the completion process. As @Alex7 suggested, the root of the chronic intestinal blockage/lower back issues is unresolved emotional trauma, and the most efficient method to mitigate those issues is the completion process. (Although it is not necessarily easy, and you may need a practitioner).

• Upvote 2

On 12/11/2016 at 3:26 PM, Meesh said:

I feel trepidation to speak to this issue on this thread because I know Teal's views around food. I want to give the disclaimer that I WANT to and WISH for a vegan lifestyle and spent a year in my 20's doing just that.

Whatever you do, if that increases your sex drive - go for it. If not - stay away or try later))

• Upvote 1

Have you done any parasite cleanses?  

I went through a phase where I couldnt digest ANY raw food, but veggies were the worst.  I had some parasite stuff going on internally and it took a while but by handling that, my digestion slowly  but surely improved.  

One very cheap very easy thing that helped me get rid of parasites was food-grade diatomaceous earth.  I drank it 1-3x day mixed in lemonade w a splash of white wine (idk why but the wine seemed to make it more effective).  You may even have some on hand.  

Also, I very much relate to WISHING I could be vegan, but it just not seeming to work well with my body.  I will occasionally try eating a vegan meal to check in with my body and see if maybe things have changed.  

Also, it sounds weird, but my mom had intractable constipation her entire life, and by taking 1 folapro/day, she started having 2x daily movements.  Theres a genetic difference called MTHFR that is NOT rare----a lot of us having it---might be worth googling and see if your symptoms match.  Most the fixes are lifestyle, vitamin, and diet, and I think most of us who have that genetic difference generally dont do well on a 100% plant based diet.

• Upvote 1

@WildSage ya know, I have tried MANY things but I havent done the parasite cleanse! I will check out MTHFR... sounds like what I have going on.  Thank you so so much! I have a clean diet (no sugar, little to no wheat for 15 years, little to no alcohol or drug consumption of any kind (no birth control, no pharmaceuticals or recreational drugs) , well and spring water all the time, lots of cooked vegetables (raw messes me up), little to no dairy) so I think I'm in the clear with lifestyle and diet. I also have a high paying job where I work less then 20 hours a week and get lots of sleep too. So all I can conclude is genetics. Makes the most sense. And when I do eat meat it is all pasture raised and organic and local when possible.  i am going to get some diatomaceous earth for sure.

I find that if you listen to your body and intuition about what you need to eat, you'll be fine. Like @Alex7 said, the completion process ties in with this because the completion process affects your body. If you listen to your body, it will not only tell you what to eat, but it will tell you about emotional trauma around eating as well. *Your body is working with you, it wants you to know what's up* 

I originally went vegetarian because I thought it was "more spiritual" that way. Im now (still) vegetarian because I truly don't like meat. I'm slowly going vegan because that's what feels best for me. It's ok to experiment with food and diet. If you eat in a way that doesn't work for you, it doesn't mean you're damaged or that it's wrong to be in that place, it simply gives you more information about yourself and what direction to take next. Its ok to mess up;)

This is my perspective on things, take from it what you wish:) 

@lightworker cronometer is great! I love how you mentioned that eating an organic animal or a factory farmed animal makes little difference vibrationally. 

@nuia teal said that probiotics are like "taking in little friends". I love it! 

• Upvote 1