Casey

Skin Issues

7 posts in this topic

Skin Issues

I have had acne since the third grade, like the really bad kind; and keratosis pilaris (KP) since first grade, which covers my entire legs, arms and toes.

I have been working on these spiritually for four years now. My skin is a lot better just from years of diet changes, skin care and age. But I still have some pimples and blackheads with the occasional flare up. My KP has been on me always with no relief or let up.

Tonight I was working on addressing my shame which I think is obviously very deep seated in me. Other times I've done this and gotten to the belief 'I have to be pretty in order to be loved and accepted". But, tonight I was brought to something that I hadn't been before- being ashamed of being born with jaundice, being ashamed of being born with something 'wrong with me'.

I guess im trying to see if anyone has dealt with this before or has tips for me. I worked on changing my belief, I visited baby casey, but I still feel that there is more and I felt lead to bring it to the community.

What do you all think??

• Upvote 1

I have always had really awful skin  problems and for me it seems very connected to shame and self-worth,  but also to my perfectionistic tendencies and being really hard on myself, sometimes also anxiety. I like to journey inside myself and ask my skin what it's trying to tell me that it needs. You should check out Teal's self awareness video, that helped me a lot. Also just knowing that you are perfectly lovable and acceptable no matter what your skin looks like.

Best of Luck to you,

Rosie

• Upvote 3

I can relate, I have had skin problems for 20 years. Not the same as you, but I have spent pleeeeenty of time researching and trying to figure things out.

As you guys have pointed out, shame and self-worth I think too is very central. Other topics that might resonnate: feeling co-dependant, issues setting healthy boundaries, feeling not good enough, old buried feelings/wounds, feeling unnacceptable, too self-critizising, lack of self acceptance, self love, feeling hurt, feeling unable to protect oneself towards the outer world...

The placement on the body can also give some hints, if there's some part that stands out being affected more than the rest.

• Upvote 1

My skin has always been very soft and smooth, but five years ago I developed acne. I have always suffered from dermatillomania.

During those five years, I changed my diet from the standard crap diet to Paleo and now I am vegan. I also began to exercise and did other things to improve my physical health, but the acne never went away. For half a year, I took different medications. The first types I tried only dried my skin and made my cheeks painfully sore and the skin began to peel off. I also tried visualization to make the acne go away, but nothing worked. Now I don't care.

I'm curious. @Casey How has your skin been the last month?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Blaze35 said:

My skin has always been very soft and smooth, but five years ago I developed acne. I have always suffered from dermatillomania.

During those five years, I changed my diet from the standard crap diet to Paleo and now I am vegan. I also began to exercise and did other things to improve my physical health, but the acne never went away. For half a year, I took different medications. The first types I tried only dried my skin and made my cheeks painfully sore and the skin began to peel off. I also tried visualization to make the acne go away, but nothing worked. Now I don't care.

I'm curious. @Casey How has your skin been the last month?

Actually it's been doing pretty great. I got a feeling that I need to start focusing on how my skin feels to the touch, not how it looks. 

So it's been getting softer. I've done some outer things- started taking homeopathic silica, I'm using a fresh aloe leaf on my whole body, I got a neem based Aryuvedic lotion. And I finally got a compliment on my skin for the first time ever!

my acne is way more mild and quick to heal now, but my kp is still here as strong as ever. 

Have you found out exactly what the cause was to your KP? I have it on my arms and it sometimes goes away but it usually there, any suggestions on what I should do? Also, been vegan for about 2 years now so my diet is usually pretty clean..maybe I need to reduce the amount of grains in my diet?

So I know this topic is late and I just posted in another one with similar issues. My advice is drink 2 oz of raw apple cider vinegar mixed with a glass of water. Drink it on an empty stomach twice a day. This works amazing for clearing acne or other skin blemishes.